Thursday, February 23, 2017

I'm Just about Ready

 Hi everyone!
Its been another busy day for me.
Today  I'm going to show you  a few more blank and ready to go pages in my travel journal before I start to fill them in.
I put some blank journaling cards into the pocket just in case I want them. If not, they get to go for a little plane trip and then another one back home later before being returned into the stash.
I actually added  2 pockets. You can't have too many pockets.
 And I'd though I'd show you this spread in my journal with the map just in case you aren't  familiar with where New Mexico is.
The 4 is on the page because this is trip #4 for me to Taos. Its gotten to be a February break routine. A good one for sure!
I tired to place the arrow in the general area. of where I will be hanging out.
And I can happily announce that  I'm done with school until March 6 and tomorrow morning I'm off on my way.

😀
I'm taking my laptop so you may hear from me over the week.
 Have a great rest of your week!

11 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

I'm happy and excited for you, it sounds like a great adventure. Have fun filling in your journal, and enjoy your break from school. Looking forward to hearing all about it! Hugs, Valerie

Valerie-Jael said...

....and I LOVE your header!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love what you have created here. I can see you filling out some of the pages on the way to New Mexico, too. This sounds like you will have fun and get away from the cold of New England. I truly hope you have a fun time, and come back all refreshed and prepared for the remainder of the school year. Like Valerie, I'm looking forward to hearing and reading about your trip, and maybe even see a few photos along the way.

Take care and enjoy. You will be missed.

froebelsternchen said...

Have a safe trip dear Erika and don't forget to make at least 1000 photos and have fun filling up those pages in your journal - love the first spread with this amazing hearts!
I will miss you - take care - enjoy!
oxo Susi

Meggymay said...

Its a lovely journal for you to take on your travels, I hope you have a super time while you are away.
Yvonne xx

Jeanie said...

I like the idea of including the blank cards too. And the map. That's wonderful for a travel journal. Oh, you really are going to have the best time! And school's out!

Faye said...

Enjoy your trip, Erika. It will be a great diversion from teaching biology, I imagine. Your travel journal is wonderful. I have a feeling you won't bring home many blank pages.

Let's Art Journal said...

Oh my Erica, how exciting! We love love love New Mexico and have been on holiday/vacation there three times :-). Your travel journal is perfect with the roadrunner, Kokopelli and those wonderful sentiments. You have created great pages to fill with all the fantastic memories you will make! It's probably been over 10 years since we visited and I can still remember so many things - the amazing galleries in Taos, shopping at the Jackalope Gallery in Sante Fe, the Native American stalls at the roadside and around the town square in Sante Fe, the adobe buildings, chilli ristras, the Taos Pueblo and oh the food at Maria's Mexican Kitchen in Sante Fe and Michaels Kitchen Cafe & Bakery in Taos. I'm so excited for you, you'll have such a fabulous time and I can't wait to see and hear all about it :-). Happy travels my friend! J :-)

CJ Kennedy said...

Wonderful journal pages. I love the Kokopelli. Even though a little late I wish you safe travels to, from, in and about.

Halle said...

Oh wow! How fun putting together a journal to take with. I always think I'm going to save bits of this and that while on the trip and make a book later...never happens. I think next time I should do it this way!

~*~Patty S said...

Working my way down on your blog Erika.
I missed a lot while I was unplugged again.
Your journal is looking super already.
You have inspired me to get cracking on some travel journals.
AND you are so right about pockets!!!
oxo