Wednesday, February 8, 2017

I've Join the Craze

So for something new this year, I decided I would start keeping a calendar/planner type journal. Of course I can't use it just as it they way it was made. I have to change it all up and make it personalized.
I started by putting in all these tabs. 
And I covered up the January title page with this magazine page and some tape.
I picked out this journal because it not only has  calendar pages, but it has lots of pages you can write on or decorate.
I added the graph paper over the journal page on the left because I want every left page to be a little different. Kind of whatever the week seems to be saying or speaking to me about. I added the tag of a bunch of daffodils I picked up at Trader Joe's.
You can see here I added some printed paper on my journaling left side. And lots of stickers. The round ones cam out of the back of a book I was reading. I was so inspired I just added some more.
And this journal is also a good place to add tickets by taping them in.
In the back there are some blank pages and I am keeping some lists. Books I read, places I hope to go, movies I watched, things I baked.
The kind of lists you always want to have at the end of the year!
And some weeks I've just been writing little notes to myself.
And I can do little monthly wrap up if I want to also.
Its always good to try something new I say.
I bet you might say the same thing too.

Waiting to hear if we have school tomorrow. I can't believe we will since this is a nor'easter coming in. Lots of places have already canceled tonight, and I'm hoping we will hear tonight too.
I can only wait and see.
addendum-right after I posted I got the call. No school tomorrow.:)  
Hope you have some sun where you are!

8 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your calendar is going to put mine to shame. It is a beauty. I really like how you have turned it into an art calendar. Mine is a mess, and not at all artsy. Of course, it's hard to write a book in 1 square inch. Yours opens up all kinds of possibilities.

Have a fun day off. Hope you are not completely snowed in and your husband doesn't have to go to work, either.

Valerie-Jael said...

Great idea, have fun playing with it. Stax safe if the weather gets bad, hope you don't have school. My friend in Duncan B.C. is snowed in, too. Hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

Your planner is great - what a wonderful idea !!
Hope your weather will be back to normal soon, even though it sounds nice to have extra free days - but I guess you have a strict time- plan with your students always!

Happy day Erika!
oxo Susi

Meggymay said...

Your journal is looking great, I'm just about managing to keep up in mine.
Yvonne xx

Jeanie said...

Very clever, Erika. It's always more fun to have a calendar/journal that looks pretty, isn't it? You scored on that one.

Thanks for the nice words on my cat painting. Most stressful assignment ever!

CJ Kennedy said...

What a fun calender. I love your note: Need to clean studio. That's on (the bottom) of my to do list, too. We learned last night Himself had no school today, too. Storm seems to be winding down. Himself figured on average we got about a foot of snow. Hard to tell exactly how much because of all the blowing and drifting. Hope you had an enjoyable snow day.

Anonymous said...

This will be really fun to use this year - new car? What did you get. xox

Gibby Frogett said...

Your planner is really fabulous and nice and arty too Erika.
I keep intending to do something like that with old FiloFax folders/pages I have that were popular in the 1980s ( I think or was it 90s.)
Hope your weather isn't hindering you getting out and about too much.
We seem to have pretty much got away with snow so far - just the odd smattering of snow that is soon gone.
Gill xx