Monday, August 21, 2017

T Stands for Clear Skies

Hi everyone. Its another Tuesday, already. That means it is T Day. Time to share your drink related photos and stories over at Bleubeard and Elizabeth's blog.
So a couple of T Days ago I told you about my trip to the  beach restaurant on a local lake when a big thunderstorm blew through and that was the end of our dinner out. You can check out  or refresh your memory of the evening and my restaurant description here: T Stands for a Change of Plans.
So the past Sunday we decided to give it another try. We finally put the boat  onto the lake and motored over.
It was a beautiful day, no chance of rain this time, but there was a lot of chop to the water and it was a rough ride over. Since Lake Winnipesaukee is also called The Big Lake, it took us close to 2 hours to motor over. (We can drive it by car in about 45 minutes).
In order to get a docking space for the boat at the public town docks, you have to go early. There are usually lots of restaurants and shops around the different town docks, and on a nice summer weekend day, lots of folks have the same idea.
And here's where we headed for lunch.
 Since we needed to arrive early to dock the boat, we were one of the first to arrive at the restaurant.

 Here's my daughter and myself. We both had water and were sharing the drink in the little orange bucket.
 Here's the drink. I wanted to share with my husband, and we started with one, but then he wanted his own. It was way too much of a drink for me alone.
 But I enjoyed it with my crab cake sandwich and homemade chips.

So the solar eclipse looks like it was amazing in many parts of the US. Here in New Hampshire it was cool but not really dramatic as we only had a 60% eclipse. I built a pinhole viewer out of a shoe box since I didn't have eclipse glasses and got see it using that. I did find out though that in 2024 we'll have a total eclipse here, and that's not really all that far off.  I guess I will have to wait those 7 years to see it actually get dark. :)

That's all for me today. Hope everyone has a great T day and I really appreciate your stopping by my blog for a visit.


18 comments:

Krisha said...

OH YUM!! What a delightful meal, even if it took you 2 hours to reach your destination.
Happy T-day

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Goodness, Erika. If I had even a sip of that King Kong rum concoction, I'd be on the floor. It looks lethal and deadly.

I enjoyed the photos of the lake, your daughter, and you. It was fun to see what a good time you were having.

Thanks for sharing these photos with us, along with your drinks and yummy looking crab cakes with us for T this nearly Tuesday.

Valerie-Jael said...

Love the look of your food and drink, yummy, and worth a choppy crossing in the early morning! Glad you are enjoying your last days of freedom! Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

johanna said...

what a nice vacation trip! and you will be happy to see the total eclipse in years... we had one here over in 1999 and it was very impressive to experience a short time of night in the middle of the day!
happy t-day!

chrissie said...

A wonderful day out by the looks of things and sharing iced water from an orange bucket looks like the best drink to go with your food.

Have a very happy T Day

Love Chrissie xx

Let's Art Journal said...

I'm so glad that you went back to the beach restaurant, it looks so amazing and how cool to arrive on your boat too with those wonderful views over the lake - perfect! The King Kong bucket looks so much fun and I think I would need to share too, it's not called King Kong for nothing ... lol 😁. Your crab sandwich with homemade crisps looks so yummy, I would like to try that too ... as usual I'm now hungry ... lol πŸ˜‰. Thanks for sharing this fabulous place and day out with your family - that's a lovely photo of you and your daughter. Wishing you a very Happy T Day! J 😊

Darla said...

Even though a boat ride to your destination takes longer than a car ride it must be way much more fun. Just imagining myself out on the water makes me smile.

Linda Kunsman said...

oh what a great and fun way to reach the restaurant! Glad the weather cooperated this time around:) That drink sounds good but oh yes, I'd need to be sharing for sure. Your sandwich sounds SO good and despite it being morning as I type I'd still enjoy it. Happy T day!

CJ Kennedy said...

I loved the boat ride over the water. I'm sometimes prone to motion sickness so even though the water was choppy in the picture, it was a smooth ride. :-)
I was wondering, do you have to pay to dock your boat? Your lunch looks amazing and what a lovely pic of you and your daughter. Enjoy your day with your mom, today.

jinxxxygirl said...

Erika.. being in the area of totality is really an amazing experience...and one you shouldn't miss.. I often thought during this eclipse that people should just put the glasses down and experience whats going on around them.. We were at 90% and even that wasn't very impressive... I think it really must be the 100% area... Great pics... great lunch... and your drink sounds yummy! Happy T day!! Hugs! deb

Meggymay said...

Pleased you went back to enjoy a meal, the restaurant looks good. I think the alcohol drinks must carry a kick, it would be soft drinks for me.
Shame you only saw a partial eclipse but as you say time will soon pass for the next one.
Happy T day.
Yvonne xx

Dortesjs said...

Love the look of your food and you both look great, nice to meet you. thanks for following on my doings on the blog nice to read comments.

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Glad the weather cooperated for your trip to Town Docks this time, Erika. It looks like a fun place with good food and drinks.

We didn't see anything of the eclipse down here in Mexico.

Happy T-Day! Hugs, Eileen

Divers and Sundry said...

I can't imagine boating over to lunch at that cool restaurant at the beach. Well, I say that, but now I can thanks to you :)

Happy T Tuesday

Dianne said...

The view on the lake is beautiful, but I wouldn't have been able to eat that yummy food after choppy waters! Motion sickness is a curse. Looks like you had a fabulous time! Happy T day!

kathyinozarks said...

food looks delicious! so glad you had a perfect day for boating!
Happy T Day Kathy

Sandy said...

Always love your pictures!
Sandy xx

Jeanie said...

I love it when you go out in the boat! This looks like a perfect day.

Eclipse in Toronto was sort of a dud -- too bright, no shadow at all. I did look through some stranger's viewing glasses (kind of him) and that was pretty neat, but I was hoping for a little more drama. Another is coming through and we're in a better zone for it in 2024. I plan to watch then!