Monday, October 16, 2017

This Week T Stands for a Margarita

Happy T Day ladies and any gentleman who happens to stop by also. It is another Tuesday already, which means it time to  link up a drink post over at    Bleubeard and Elizabeth's blog. Tuesday is T Day after all.

Last Friday night the hubby and I needed to go to the grocery store, and we decided to go get some dinner before we shopped.
I'd been wanting a taco salad all week, so you can guess what we went for.
Mexican of course.
And it was Friday, the end of a busy workweek, so I thought a nice big drink would taste good.
 I'm always game for a margarita. The hubby liked that idea too. At La Carona, the restaurant we visited, they make really nice margaritas. But I can only drink one. That's my limit.

And my salad really hit the spot too, even if I did eat more of the high calorie shell than I should have. The hubby doesn't eat  guacamole so I got double because he gave me his. :)
Good thing I had just a small tub of yogurt for lunch.

And I wonder if you might remember this journal page I made back in July when Elizabeth hosted Art Journal Journey. Her theme was Summer Loving.
Here's the original link: Fresh Fruits and Veggies.
Anyhow, at the time I said I though this design would make a great fabric, and many of you agreed. Then CJ mentioned it would make a great pattern for kitchen curtains.
So one of my summer projects was recreating the design on fabric.

I decided to hand paint fruits and veggies on 2 pieces of white cotton fabric that was in my  stash and were just the right size for making a valence.
I stamped the words with some waterproof ink.
And this past weekend I had Saturday afternoon all to myself, so I finally sat down at the sewing machine and did a bit of stitching. The sun streamed in the windows, the only noise was the sound of the machine in its regular rhythmic pattern, straight line stitching was easy and relaxing. 
Not sure which photo give you the best view, so here's my new kitchen valence.





I even added a bit of lace I had in my stash. Total curtain cost was $0.00.
I am happy with the results.
Thanks CJ for the kitchen curtain idea.
That's all for me today.
And thanks to all of you for stopping by and visiting my blog today.


20 comments:

Linda Kunsman said...

Oh that taco salad and margarita sound so good!!! If I know I'm going to indulge i too try to keep most of the day very light. It's a compromise:)
LOVE!! your new curtains-they look so fab hanging over your window-you should be very proud of them! Happy T day!

kathyinozarks said...

Hi Erika, I loved your curtain-turned out super. I love margarita they are my favorite mixed drink.
Hubs boat is really something isn't it-my first thought was a very long native american canoe for some reason-kinda shaped that way.anxious to learn how it works out for them tomorrow Happy T Day Kathy

Valerie-Jael said...

LOve, love, love your valance, what a fantastic idea! Your food and the margarita both look yummy. Have a great T day, hug, Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

WOW, oh WOW. That valance is fabulous. You created a great new DIY project and saved a ton of money. I know there are places that will take your design and turn it into fabric, but you saved a lot of money and got just exactly what you wanted. This is GREAT.

Even though I don't care for the taste of alcohol, your margarita looks good and the salad looks fabulous. I would also enjoy the extra helping of guacamole, and I get mine from Sally who doesn't like the taste of avocados, either.

Thanks for sharing your sewing and painting skills, as well as your margarita and taco salad with us for T this Tuesday. Again, that's a big wow on the valance.

Meggymay said...

First if all I have to say WOW to your new curtains.
They look awesome , gorgeous hand painted fabric. It must have taken you ages to paint all the fruits and vegetables. They will be very much admired by folk seeing them in your home.
The meal you had looked delicious, it was a good way to begin a grocery shop.
Happy T day wishes.
Yvonne xx

sheila 77 said...

Gosh, Erika, is that curtain great! Imagine painting your own fabric design, it looks terrific, I'm so impressed. And the strip of lace finishes it off perfectly.

jinxxxygirl said...

Erika!! How fabulous that you painted your own curtain!! Thats incredible and looks lovely. Wow!

Now i have to say i'm with hubby.. you can have my guacamole too....lol
Happy T day!! Hugs! deb

CJ Kennedy said...

Told ya so! :-D The valence turned out great. You are so clever and the bit of lace really makes them look finished.

froebelsternchen said...

I am in awe of this fantastic meal and I would love this margarita as well but I am totally thrilled about your fantastic kitchen curtain! A M A Z I N G !!!!!!
Happy T-Day!

nanskidrewski said...

Your curtain is fantastic...and priceless! Wow! super impressed, CJ is great for inspiring ideas. It came out beautiful. I love Mexican, and margaritas, but frozen strawberry margaritas are my fav! Luckily, they are cold enough that you can drink them slowly!

johanna said...

guacamole, yumm! (i´m sure These calories don´t Count;))
and i LOVE your Kitchen curtain. it turned out fabulous!! serves instant good mood!!!
happy t-day!

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, your kitchen valence is stunning - I love it! Your design is amazing and I'm in awe of your creativity, you did such a great job painting those fresh fruit and veggies on the white cotton fabric and the touch of lace finishes it perfectly 😁. Your mexican taco salad and margarita looks so yummy and I'd be happy to have this every of the week if I could ...lol 😁. Wishing you a Happy T Day! J 😊

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

One is my limit on margaritas too, Erika. I don't know why, but tequila feels more potent than any other type of alcohol I've tried.

Your valance is awesome! CJ's observation was spot-on. That's a great design.

Happy T-Day! Hugs, Eileen

Lisca said...

Wow what a beautiful valence! It brightens up the kitchen. Well done you! You must be super pleased with it. (and with the Price)
I love mexican food too although I have never been to a Mexican restaurant. We have Mexican friends and they somethimes invite us on a saturday and she cooks us a lovely meal. The Margerita looks yummy too. I've Heard so much about Margaritas that I had to Google it to see what it is made of. One ingredient is Triple Sec. I am tempted to get a bottle this December when we fly back from Holland. (I only ever buy liquor at the airport. Our town doesn't have a liquor store. The run-of-the-mil stuff I get at the supermarket)I'll be drinking Margaritas this summer! Watch this space!
Happy T-Day
Lisca

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh Wow! Your food and drink look good but it is your fabulous curtain that has made me happiest today! It really does look fantastic! Happy T Day! Chrisx

Kate Yetter said...

OH MY! What amazing curtains and so clever to take it from one of your journal pages. I love this idea. Your salad looks so yummy and I too love guacamole. Double portion please!
Happy Tea Day!
Kate

Carol said...

Oh Erika I LOVE them!!!! What a fun idea and perfect for a kitchen . The margarita looks great too. I haven't had one in forever. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Our first frost doesn't happen until the 20th and often even later than that. I looked at the 10 day forecast and no frost in sight. I hope I'm not picking tomatoes in November again this year :(

Jeanie said...

Oh! Oh! I love your valance -- it is just tremendous. And I wouldn't mind a margarita like that either. Happy post!

Words and Pictures said...

Ooh, yum - a margarita and all that guacamole - yes please! Lovely to see your vegetable page taking on new life - it looks absolutely brilliant over the window.
Alison x

Anonymous said...

Glad to see your curtain finished an up. It looks GREAT! xox