Monday, November 20, 2017

Smile-It Is Monday

Hi everyone.  It's a new week again. Since Thursday here in the US  is the Thanksgiving Holiday, I only have 2 days of school this week. That puts a big smile on my face.
Speaking of smiles, my latest journal page for Art Journal Journey is this page full of smiles. This month the theme is 101 Ways to Keep Warm, and at least for me, a smile warms me up. Way more than a frown certainly would. :)
My page is made with lots of doodles smiles, some spray ink and some bits of paper tape that had all these smiling sayings on it. And this little boy has a nice smile. 
So Saturday night's hockey game was a real bust. The team looked horrible and lost 7-0. BUT the hubby and I were meeting a couple of our college friends, and even if the game was bad we had a fun time.

Hope you have a fantastic new week.

10 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Glad you had a fun time in spite of the game not being so good, you all look great! Love your smiley page, what a great idea. Have a good week, keep warm, hugs, Valerie

CJ Kennedy said...

The Wednesday off before Thanksgiving would certainly put a smile on my face. I always hated when the girlies had a half day that day. So I'sm smiling along with the little gent on your page that you have that day off, too. Too bad about your team. Better luck next time. Y'all look like you're having a good time. Love the fan jerseys. Have a great day!

froebelsternchen said...

I am sorry to hear that the game was a bust- but good that nevertheless you enjoyed it with meeting friends and those great sweaters must keep warm as well! Lovely photo! The page appeals to me - a smile can really warm a heart - a friendly face and a little smile - this costs next to nothing but can mean a lot!
A fantastic idea with all the lips and the little smile words .... ADORABLE!!!
Happy Thanksgiving week for you Erika!
Thank you for supporting AJJ with so many wonderful ideas and pages this month again!
oxo Susi

craftytrog said...

Wonderful page Erika! Glad you enjoyed the hockey!

Anonymous said...

is that a sweet and beautiful idea your journal! I melt so moving in touch so warm it gets my heart when I see your smile!
I wish you a nice week
Elke

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I didn't realize it was so cold at a hockey rink. Everyone is dressed like it's freezing there. Sorry about your team's loss.

LOVE your AJJ entry and the way you used that cute little boy. Those smiles are adorable. Hope you aren't too taxed from working this week (grin).

Divers and Sundry said...

Smiles at the top of the post and smiles at the bottom. Cheerful :) Sounds like y'all had great fun!

Meggymay said...

I love your warm smile journal page, it looks wonderful with all the sweet lips and the words you added.
You all looked happy at the games as well.
Yvonne xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a brilliant page! There really is nothing like a warm smile! Thank you for your support! Sorry your team lost but…what does it matter when you're with friends? Hugs, Chrisx

Rike said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.