Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Santa is Coming


I saw the latest challenge at Moo Mania and decided I would share this piece. It's time to celebrate Christmas!
And not only is Moo Mania celebrating, but  Sheila's latest theme over at Art Journal Journey is Let's Celebrate, and Santa is all about celebrating, especially if your a kid of any age. :)
And finally you can see a little sparkle with some of my snowflakes, so I am also going to join up with the Twinkle Twinkle challenge over at Try It On Tuesday.
This page started as my paint brush cleaning page. You can probably tell the way the right side is a little streaky.Then I used it as a stencil cleaning page as you can see on the left side. A little more brush cleaning, and the page was ready to use. The santa is a stencil which I then colored with paint and a marke. I added the paper tape and the 2 reindeer which I had die cut for a different project. They were on my work table because I hadn't used them. Finally I used white paint and a snowflake stamp, and then decoded to glam it up a bit with those sparkling snowflakes. I used black letter stickers to add the words.
Hopefully my drive today to work today will be a little better than yesterday. We had a nice little dumping of snow yesterday at home, but where I work didn't get as much. My morning drive in to work took twice as long as normal, and the drive home wasn't all that great either. Oh, the joys of winter.
Happy hump day everyone.

12 comments:

CJ Kennedy said...

That's a page to get you into the Christmas spirit. We just had rain in my area for a change. I was worried that all that wet pavement would freeze because of the falling temps, but looks like everything is dry. Hopefully, you'll have an easier commute today. Stay safe

Rosie said...

What a wonderful piece for Christmas, Erika.

Thank you for joining us at MOO MANIA & MORE

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous journal page, looks so bright and cheery, and thanks for joining us again at TIOT! Sorry that the weather is making your commute to work long and hard, hope the weather soon clears up a bit. It's very wet, windy and cold here! Hugs, Valerie

Divers and Sundry said...

The excitement is growing, and your Santa is contributing to the seasonal spirit. I love seeing cheerful creations that spread the joy :)

froebelsternchen said...

You blow my mind away with this multi- linkable artpiece! You are such a loose artist - you have an eye and the ability of beeing loose in your art and see the possibilities of all the artful using up of brush cleaning and stencil cleaning papers! This turned out utterly beautiful and I am thrilled to see it linked to Art Journal Journey , Moo Mania & More and Try It On Tuesday!
You rock like this fantastic Santa and his reindeer friends! GORGEOUS!
I really hope you had a better drive to work and home today Erika! Finger crossed for you! Would be nice of Santa to lend you his reindeer sled for going to work but I fear he is too busy just now!

oxo Susi

sheila 77 said...

I do like the happy balance in this, the red on the left, green on the right, Santa ho-ho-ho-ing in the middle and the deer running across at the foot. It's such a joyful Christmas-card scene. Nice addition of the sparkly snowflakes too.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

WOW. Santa has arrived! I'm loving it. I adore the way you shared how you made the background and that Santa was a stencil. This is a FABULOUS entry for Sheila's theme. Thanks for joining us at Art Journal Journey, again, dear friend.

Meggymay said...

Its a wonderful happy festive page Erika, Santa really looks a jovial chap.
Hope you got safely to school and back today, it must be aweful for you during the winter months.
Yvonne zz
p.s. Thank you for joining the fun at TioT's and for all the support you give us there.

pearshapedcrafting said...

I really love this Erika! Santa looks very happy to be on his way!Thank you so much for joining us at Try It On Tuesday! Chrisx

Dortesjs said...

Fabulous ;O))

Jeanie said...

Hi Erika! WAY behind in blog reading so I'm going backwards. I do love this happy Santa you shared!

Let's Art Journal said...

Ho! Ho! Ho! and happy nearly Friday ...lol 😉. I love your santa page with the stencilled and painted background! Your Santa looks so jolly riding in his sleigh too with those pretty reindeer 😁. Enjoy and have a Happy Weekend! J 😊