Thursday, January 18, 2018

Snow Day

Yesterday we had some snow, and school was cancelled. We didn't have a lot of snow, but enough. The day was grey and the ground went back to being white.



 When I went out to shovel the dogs came with me. They were so excited about going out and the snow they had to have some play right where I wanted to shovel.

Silly dogs.
I had a very productive artsy morning first. Sometime you sit down and page after page just happen. I guess my muse didn't want to be out in the snow (unlike the dogs) and was happy inside with me.. :)
The lack of colors outside yesterday inspired me to use some bold bright colors.
I made this colorful and funky background using paint and stamps. There was no pre-thought in mind when I started, and I loved what happened. I need to do this more often.
Once I had all the color I put some white paint in the middle and stamped this phrase I had. Then I added a few sequins just to give it a little sparkle.
This is my colorful adventure for the day, so I am linking up to Art Journal Journey. This month's challenge is New Year: New Adventure.There's still time to join in, so have an arty adventure and link up. :) And thanks to those of you who have joined the fun already.
So school is back in session today, and since I had Monday off for a holiday, this is going to be one short and fast week.
Hope your week so far has been  full of color!

12 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

good morning, I love your page with lots of colors a great way to spend a winter day. I loved the photos especially of the dogs-when we had our dogs they always loved to play in the snow too-nice memories stay warm Kathy

CJ Kennedy said...

I'm glad the puppers enjoyed the snow. We didn't get much, maybe 3 inches. Just a reminder that's it's still Winter.

The colors on your page are so happy. I'm sick of seeing a hundred shades of white and grey. So thanks for starting my day with uplifting colors and thoughts. Have a good day. (Any day is a good day when it's not snowing =^,.^=)

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely and colourful art to contrast with the sombre winter photos. The dogs were evidently having fun. Hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

Your colorful page brightens my dull afternoon - I love how you used the white color to make a space for the fabulous quote and the sequins are the perfect final touch! Wow sooo much snow - and the dogs have fun - they are always there where they be in the way - that's dog law!
A very short week for you and very good for us at AJJ!
A wonderful page for the collection !
THANK YOU ♥♥♥
Our snow comes and goes nonstop. And it's not so cold - but heavy wind makes it teeth-chattering cold !
oxo Susi

Divers and Sundry said...

That view of the woods in snow! Lovely. Your bright colors are welcome during these cold winter days :) Some of our schools are still closed, but temps are going up so the snow will all melt soon.

Gibby Frogett said...

Great photos of your dogs and the snow - but brrrr - stay inside in the warm!
Lovely warm colours and a great quote - love your colourful and fun page.
Gill x

Jeanie said...

Your snow is lovely and it sure looks like the dogs are having a blast! Love the color in your art today!

craftytrog said...

Beautiful photos and art Erika! Xx

Meggymay said...

It was good to see the snowy photos and I really liked seeing the dogs playing in the snow, but they do manage to get in the way when there is snow to shovel.
I love your colourful journal page, it really does brighten the day to use these bright shades. You found a super quote as well.
Yvonne xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You are SO right, dear Erika. That is a beautiful and very colorful new adventure you are on. I simply adore the color, since it's gray and ugly here.

The school district here only canceled school once. The first day they didn't cancel, while all schools around the area did. They got so much pressure from the parents who didn't want their kids out in the ice and sub zero temps, they called off school the next day. Temps were equally brutal then, too. It is supposed to warm to the 40s the end of the week.

Your dogs look happy. I can't imagine having a dog right now, because I wouldn't want them in the house until they were clean and free of snow and dirt. I have no sun porch like you have. How do you clean them before they come in? Sorry for rambling, dear friend. I hope if it warms enough, I can get in the craft room on Sunday before our next blizzard arrives from Colorado.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I am SO sorry. During my rambling, and ruminating, I totally failed to thank you for this beautiful contribution to Art Journal Journey. You are the hostess with the mostess!

Let's Art Journal said...

Beautiful page and I love the quote too, so inspirational! Such lovely snowy photos and it looks like the dogs enjoyed themselves in the snow too ...lol 😉. Stay warm and wishing you a happy Friday! J 😊