Tuesday, January 16, 2018

T Stands for Drinks

Happy T Day ladies. It's another Tuesday and in my world we have snow moving in at some point today. And like many of you, the cold is back. I hope everyone is managing to stay warm if you are in the arctic cold zone.
So first of all, for Art Journal Journey, I have some tea bag philosophy. This month I am hosting and the challenge is New Year: New Adventures.  I know a cup of tea might not be so adventurous, but sometimes the tea bags have little sayings printed on their paper tag ends and wondering what your tea bag might tell you is always a fun little adventure.

My art adventure was to use crayons and doodle these flowers, and then I painted over them with some watered down out black paint. It created an interesting background. Then I cut the tea cup and tea bag out of a magazine, and then after painting the cup white, I added the tea bag philosophies as well as the triangular banners along the tea bag string.
And now for my T Day drinks since today I have 2 to share with you.
Last Friday night my daughter came home  for part of the long weekend and we went out for some Mexican food for dinner.  Life's been pretty quiet lately so going out to dinner with my husband and my daughter was fun, and tasty too! :)
Well it was Friday, and I had just worked my first 5 day week in a long time. So while I munched down on some chips, salsa and guacamole, I had a little drink.
A margarita hit the spot and reminded me of summer.
Then I had my taco salad and a glass of water, both of which you can see here.
I hadn't had a taco salad in quite a long time also and boy did it taste good.
Stop by Bleubeard and Elizabeth's blog to see what the T Gang is up to this week. And we'd love for you to join in also. All you need to do is link up a post showing a drink related post.
Thanks for visiting my blog also. 
Hope you have or are having a great Tuesday.



18 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a fun Art Journal Journey page today, Erika. Your adventure in tea and tea sayings is lovely. That background is fabulous. And of course, I adore the tea bag and tags. This wonderful entry is simply perfect for Art Journal Journey today.

I'm now hungry for a taco salad. Yours looks surprisingly good, too. The shell looks good enough to eat (grin). You may keep your margarita and I'll take the water and lemon, and of course, the guacamole.

Thanks for sharing your wonderful AJJ art and your margarita and water with us for T this Tuesday. Hope it's not as cold there as it is here.

froebelsternchen said...

A fabulous page - I love it how you added all this text and lovely details and the Mexican food and margarita sound and look tempting to me! Happy ART JOURNAL JOURNEY and T-Day Mrs. Master Hostess of AJJ!♥♥♥
oxo Susi

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your journal page. I have never seen tea bags with sayings on them but perhaps I don't drink enough tea! Glad you had a good time out with your daughter. Happy T day, hugs, Valerie

Let's Art Journal said...

Your page is brilliant! I love the background of flowers that you created using the crayons and paint, and those quotes are wonderful 😁. The bunting is perfect for the teabag string too! Mexican food is one of my favourites and I could just eat that delicious looking taco salad accompanied by a yummy margarita 😁. It's lunchtime here so I'm off to raid the kitchen which seems to be a very common occurrence when I visit your blog on T Day ...lol 😉. Happy T Day, make it a great one! J 😊

CJ Kennedy said...

My elderly neighbor, Prissy, used Salada tea with the sayings on the tags. Was always fun to read our teabags when we had tea. I really miss the old girl. So your wonderful page is a happy memory for me.

I love eating out. No cooking or cleaning up. Pretty blue rim on your margarita. The taco salad looks good, too.

Stay warm. Maybe you'll get a snow day tomorrow. Do you have to make your snow days up at the end of the year?

Meggymay said...

Its a fantastic tea cup page, a super background for the white cuppa. The quote and words were super as well.The margarita looks inviting, I've never had one in ages, maybe come summer I'll remind my taste buds on how nice the drink is. The food looked delicious as well.
Happy T day wishes. Stay safe and warm.
Yvonne xx

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning,yes we are in the arctic cold zone again too brrrr but by end of the week up to the 50s again lol at least we get these nice thaws and breaks from the bitter cold.
Margaritas are my favorite drink, I love to make mango margaritas in the summer-and your food looks so delicious-I would enjoy that.
Love your art page too and knowing how you did it
Happy T Day Kathy

johanna said...

wonderful page! i love the look of the doodled Crayons on the Background and the philosophy, too:)
happy t-day!

Linda Kunsman said...

Oh now you have me hankering for some good Mexican food, along with a summery margarita of course:) Fabulous journal page! That is a very interesting background, muted just enough to allow the teacup and words to pop.
Wishing you a happy T day!

Lorraine said...

like your colouful tea collage

Lisca said...

Yum, that taco salad certainly looks good. It is so good going out every once in a while, especially with people you love.
I like your journal page with the tea bag. I have never seen sayings printed on the paper tag. That must be a typical American thing. But it is fun.
Happy T-Day,
Lisca

Divers and Sundry said...

I enjoy Mexican food, and your taco salad looks delicious! Even the smallest thing can be an adventure -even a cup of tea- depending on your attitude :) Happy T Tuesday!

Dortesjs said...

whoo lOve this post nice tea bag string ;O))

Kate Yetter said...

What a fabulous journal page. I love the banner as the tea bag string. So creative. And such a great background!
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Carol said...

Love the journal page!!! I like reading and saving the teabag quotes too. This week I'm drinking lots of Medicinal Teas to try and stave off the nasty flue bugs that are going around. This mornings tea quote was
" If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere."
Vincent Van Gough
It was a whole -2° this morning when I walked the dogs. It was a very short walk. Mini wanted to be carried back in again. It's sounding like a good day to bake again... maybe turkey pot pie.
Thanks for stopping by for a visit
Happy Much Be-Lated Day
Carol

Jeanie said...

I should just stop reading blogs first thing in the morning before breakfast!

Seeing your banner motivates me. Maybe it's time to make a valentine banner!

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a fabulous page - many of our travels are planned with a cup of coffee in hand! That food looks so delicious that I think it's time we went for a trip to a Mexican restaurant!
In reply to your question about Eleanor of Aquitaine and the book I am reading - 'Sunne In Splendour' is about Richard III. 'When Christ and His Saints Slept' is the story of Stephen and Mathilda and HenryII and Eleanor - haven't read that yet as I was trying to follow up our trip to York! I am actually getting in to the book now and enjoying it more!! Belated Happy T day! Appointments are getting in the way of what I want to do!! Chrisx

Halle said...

Love the journal page! And Mexican food....yum!!!!! Looks so good...makes me want to make nachos later!