Monday, September 14, 2026

T Stands for the Final Summer Play and Then Some

    Hi everyone. Happy Monday and happy new week to you. And hello to everyone who stops by Bleubeard's and Elizabeth's blog  for our weekly T Day meet up.

     So what's new with me? Last week I continued with physical therapy and had something called Dry Needling done on my shoulder.  It's kind of like acupuncture but they also use a light electric current while doing it. It's supposed to be very good at breaking up knots in your muscles, and I have to say even though I was sore for about 24 hours afterwards, it has made my shoulder feel fantastic. 👍

    Otherwise I also went walking a couple of times and did some basement cleaning. The basement cleaning isn't very exciting except that I was able to get the new shelves my husband built (and that I mentioned last T day) organized. Now I can actually find things on the old shelves where everything had been crammed in and on the new shelves too. 😊 Those new shelves are actually pretty organized. 


     I also have a honey update. Thanks for all your comments on my Sunday honey post. I had read that since honey is more dense than honeycomb, if you let the comb sit for the honey to drip out, eventually the comb will rise up and  end up floating on the honey. That makes for easy removal. Well low and behold, it is doing that. 😊



      How cool is that? I'm sure by the time I come home from my road trip the comb and the honey should be completely separated.  👍

     A couple of weeks ago,  three of my friends and I had tickets for a play at the Ogunquit Playhouse in Ogunquit. Maine. It was our final play of a 3 show season pass we had bought back in the winter. This time the play was a  comedy called (as you can see in the first photo) The Producers. Since it was written by Mel Brooks (of Young Frankenstein and Blazing Saddles fame  as well as some other screwball comedy films you might be familiar with), it was full of laughs and crazy situations. That made it a fun production.  (And I think, although I have never seen it, this play is also a movie.)


   I'd actually seen this play maybe 20-25 years ago in Boston, but all I remembered was the crazy Springtime for Hitler in Germany part and laughing A LOT. The story of this play if you're not familiar with it is that a Broadway producer is told that if he puts on a flop he'll end up having more money and have to pay less taxes than if he produces a successful play. He joins up with his accountant, and they set out to make the worst play possible.

   That play is written by a former Nazi who is sad that the Nazi's didn't win the war, and the play is called Spingtime for Hitler in Germany. Even though everything sounds like it should be a one night bust, the play ends up being a hit.

   Again, no photos are allowed during the production, so here's a few  shots from the Playhouse's website.





  Since it's T day, I need to share a drink. Here's my glass of wine in my cup that I bought at the first show this season. If you save and bring back your cup, you don't have  to pay for another cup next time you are there. After this show I tucked my cup away in a cabinet for next year, because hopefully they'll be doing some good shows, and we'll be getting tickets again. 


   That's it for me this week. I'll also mention I won't be joining in for T next week as my husband, the dogs and myself will be on a road trip to Canada. We're heading back to Nova Scotia  for a few days and then we're driving to Prince Edward Island which will be a new province for us.  Since I'm not sure how my internet will be (and also how busy we might be), I might stop by blogs and I might not.

   Have a super T day and the next couple of weeks ahead everyone. 


11 comments:

  1. So pleased the physical therapy and Dry Needling has helped your shoulder.

    Wishing you safe travels and a good road trip.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a kind of OCD about organizing my stuff, so those shelves your husband built and you worked on look fabulous to me. The honey trick sounds so cool. I love going to plays, so when I lived in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area, I used to attend plays all the time. In Del Río, we used to have an amazing arts council that would bring fabulous plays through, but they haven't done that in years. I love Mel Brooks, and had heard of The Producers, but have never seen it. Sounds fabulous. Blessings, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great trip. We visited Prince Edward and visited the Anne of Green Gables museum, and other places associated with her. I have to tell you I won’t get to go to main anymore because our son moved back after 10 years! Happy T Day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job. 👍 The shelves are nicely organized.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow...your husband is really handy. And your basement is quite spacious. Didn't know about the show, but I actually recognized Jason Kravits.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A basement is something I've always craved! Had to go check out dry needing as never heard of it, had acupuncture and albation but not that one (yet) but goo to know it's helped.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...enjoy you trip to beautiful 🇨🇦!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read your honey blog from Sunday and now this update. Thank you. You know I love reading about your bees. I had to smile. It's trial and error isn't it. Well, now you know for next year. Although I think you need to find a solution for moving the heavy hives.
    It's good that your physio therapy is working especially the dry needles. I've had impromptu acupuncture in the seventies when I was working in the delivery room in an Italian hospital. I had a stiff neck and couldn't move my head. The anaestesist entered and saw me in my scarf and said<: are you still in that condition. Come here and I'll stick some needles in you. Apparently he was qualified to do this (who knew?) and after a few needles I was right as rain. He offered a repeat if I still had problems the next day, but that was all it needed.
    I suppose dry needles is a combination of acupuncture and TENS.
    No I don't know that musical, but it sounds fun. Can I just comment on your wine. It is enormous! Lucky you. That will have lasted you all through the performance!
    Have a lovey trip to Canada. Looking forward to seeing photos and reading about it.
    PS Don't be put off about my review of Robert Harris' Act of Oblivion. You might love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never saw the play, but the movie is hysterical. Mel Brooks is such a genius. PEI is a bucket list trip for me. Enjoy! I can hardly wait to hear all about it and to see your pictures. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad that the dry needles worked and you are feeling better. I'm like the Rev and rather OCD about my shelves, too. Yours are great, but I always put the heavy things on the bottom shelf and I see yours is empty. I saw The Producers as a stage play here in Wichita. It was hilarious. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Also, thanks for sharing your wine with us for T this Tuesday, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad your shoulder feels so good! Looks like you ended your summer plays on a high note, which is great! Have a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Your comments are always appreciated!