Hi everyone. Happy Sunday. I hope you're having a nice weekend.
Today I am joining Halle over at Art Journal Journey for her Fabric, Lace and Trims challenge. I'm also joining Nicole for Sunday in the Art Room (SITAR), and I'm also joining Gillena for her Sunday Smiles.
Here's another unfinished sewing journal page. Like the page I shared this past Friday, I made my page on some fabric I cut from an old pillow cover that I cut up. I will somehow be attaching this to a background piece of fabric, but since I just got my sewing machine back from the repair shop this past week (it was there for 3 months), I haven't been able to do much machine stitching lately.
And yes, 3 months for a repair is a long time, but the man I brought my machine to has taken a job as a teacher. He used to work for a local sewing/vacuum cleaner business, and he sold me my machine (which was used at the time) many years ago. Since then that business closed due to the owner retiring, and this man had chance to pick up a full time teaching job. He still repairs machines, but his repair business is at his home and happens when he has time. But the good news is that he is a pro at fixing machines, has lots of spare parts for old machines like mine (since you can no longer get them otherwise), and he charges a lot less than other comparable repair places. It was worth the wait.
To make the rest of this page (so far) I used a square piece of blue felt. I die cut Scottie dog from some scrap fabric as well as the bones. Then I used some colorful threads and lots of stitching. I'm not sure how I'll finish it off, but once I do, I'll share that with you.
And let me finish off this post with some various garden photos. I have tomatoes, cukes and green peppers starting to produce. 👍
This pickerel frog has found a nice place to live in the garden.
I pulled out all my spinach since it had bolted. It doesn't like the heat.
My climbing rose is looking fabulous.
Lots of lilies are blooming. I just love these orange tiger lilies; I think they are my favorites. And my day lilies are blooming too.
Also in bloom are my delphiniums
some Shasta daisies
the hydrangea bushes
and my goats-beard is finally blooming. That's taken a few years to happen.
Of course the milkweeds are still blooming too. I went out the other evening, and the smell of the milkweeds was heady. You could just step out the door, feet away from the plants, and smell the flowers. I'd never really thought about night time pollination, but there were some type of sphinx/hawk months busy pollinating the flowers. Sadly, I never got a photo of them though.
That's all for me today. Have a super rest of your weekend and start to the new week.
21 comments:
I love your little Scottie dog. He is adorable. You have a TON of various stitch designs on your machine. I have two and no feed dogs. I really love this and it is great for Halle's theme at AJJ, too.
Your veggies are in far better shape than mine. I can't grow veggies as good as you. I'll try to get some photos later this week of my sad veggie garden. Thanks for sharing yours.
Forgot to mention happy SITAR and Sunday Smiles.
It will be especially exciting when you start to harvest those vegetables and enjoy their sweet flavour and freshness. Have a great weekend - David
That is a very sweet piece! And ohhhhh, your garden! Have a great Sunday! Hugs
I love the Scottie dog. Your farm (that's what I call Himself's vegetable garden) looks amazing. Himself's lettuce bolted from the heat, too. A couple of nice days to enjoy before the heat returns.
Ah you have the green thumb. Happy Sunday. The fog and bones is a nice piece
Thanks for linking to SundaySmiles
Much love
Ah you have the green thumb. Happy Sunday. The fog and bones is a nice piece
Thanks for linking to SundaySmiles
Much love
I just love your Scottie. It's wonderful. And I think your garden is amazing!
All the blooms in your garden are so beautiful. The blue background and the dog are really pretty.
Lovely fabric page and beautiful garden photos! How do you keep the squirrels away.
There is nothing quite like harvesting fresh vegetables from you own garden, Erika. I'm sure the tomatoes will taste so good!
Another wonderful fabric journal page! Your garden is looking fabulous.
I miss having a garden. I love yours.
You know I love your art but your garden just made my day. Thank you for sharing with SITAR.
...your garden looks great! My vegetable garden this year consists of one tomato plant, flowers, but no fruit!
Your Scottie dog is adorable Erika and I enjoyed all your garden photos very much, including your bird house. How lucky to have that man available for fixing your washing machine. It would be worth the wait.
The tomato, capsicum and cucumber plants look to be growing beautifully. I would grow my own spring onions as well, and dinner would be half ready.
Love that stitched panel Erika, always think blue and yellow make a great colour palette.
Garden's looking good, our spinach did just the same, too hot here as well, but bonus is very early tomatoes, cues and courgettes, already frozen down a couple of bags of sun (oven) blushed mini plum toms.
We have twenty outdoor plants as well as those in the greenhouse, having picked the ripe a couple of times couldn't understand why no more had ripened.....until a Blackbird provided the answer. Now all netted, he remains confused! Doing a bit of research it's suggested they are eating them as the ground is so hard with this unusually long heatwave in the UK. Makes perfect sense now.
B x
You've made an excellent start on that page. It seems like waiting all that time for the sewing machine repair was definitely worth it--it's great that he can keep an older machine going. That would be my preference too--buy used (or 'pre-loved' as they say now) and keep using it until it's no longer possible to do so. I enjoy your flower photos. My friend's honeymoon lilies are blooming now and they are lovely. She says they have a beautiful fragrance, but I don't get too close because I sometimes get intense headaches from fragrant flowers. I admire them from a distance :-) Happy Monday!
The Scottie dog is so cute, and oh my, the sewing machine being away for three months, I don't think I would cope!!! LOL The veggies and flowers look amazing, and the little frog hiding out is so cute! Happy Monday!!! 😻🐾✨🐾😻
Looks like you're enjoying the month, Erika! Love the art on your page, and all the photos of your garden, and those along your walks, and the T-Day ones. I like your cloth journal--looks like it's gonna turn out so quirky and beautiful. Our rain spell has ended, and we're back to languishing in the heat for the past few days; hope your weather has gotten better. Wishing you a great rest of July. Anita xx
Post a Comment