Wednesday, July 29, 2026

Wrapping Up July's Art at Art Journal Journey

    Hi everyone.  Happy middle of the week. We're in the last few days of July (Really? Where did this month go to?) so I want to share my final journal page for Halle's challenge over at Art Journal Journey. By now you probably know her challenge is Fabric, Lace and Trims, Oh My!.

     I kind of got carried away adding things to this page, and I'm not sure I like it all that much. However with my right shoulder still sore I decided just to go with it and not make another new page.


  I did a lot of layering with papers and punch out images. I also added some paper lace to make a border. Then I realized that the background was a little too much for my stamped fashionistas, so I sponged on some gesso to tone that down. I also used some brighter colors to color in the styling ladies. They come from an old Inkadinkado clear set of stamps. The words come from an old Cornish Heritage Farms stamp set. I then added a felt flower that I pulled off of something I had, and I also glued down some chenille ric-rac. To finish those off I added the flat  beads. 

   Thank you Halle for joining us as our host this month. I loved your theme because it caused me to get out some fabric. Sometimes I think about doing that and then I don't actually do it, so it was good to actually get it out. ❤👍😊  Plus, it was a really fun theme.

   Thanks for stopping by, and enjoy the rest of your day.

 


19 comments:

R's Rue said...

This is beautiful. I love it.

Halle said...

Love the colors and layering. So many fun things...I kept seeing more and more as I looked. You know how I love layers!

The Rev. Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I really like the retro vibe, color scheme, and embellishments in your page. I remember my Mom using rickrack when making a dress for one of my cousins, when I was a child. Sorry to hear your shoulder is still bothering, and pray for a quick healing. Happy AJJ!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

The page looks great to me -- not too much at all!

Christine said...

Lovely page!

mina said...

Lovely post. Thanks for sharing.

Shari Burke said...

This gives me a spring vibe. I find it quite cheerful.

Mary Kirkland said...

That is super cute.

Tom said...

...those look like '50s dress patterns!

Lowcarb team member said...

It's a fabulous looking page.
I like the colours and design, bright and cheerful.

All the best Jan

DVArtist said...

OH yeah, let's be stylin'. I love this piece!!!!!

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

I love it

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

This is gorgeous. I love the colours.

Angie's Recipes said...

Such a pretty and stylish page!

brenda said...

What a gorgeous page Erika, lovely colour palette and so very feminine.

B x

Iris Flavia said...

Very great work, Erika! I´m happily a kid of the 70´s but this looks like so much fun, too!
I think I feel creativity on the way... maybe. Once the work situation is specified. Can´t believe the month is nearly over. Oh, but: Summer, hugs to that!

DeniseinVA said...

Considering you were dealing with a sore shoulder, this turned out lovely :) it’s a good thing to get motivated to use up things you hadn’t thought of in a while. I need to do that. I enjoyed your latest creativity Erika, great work!

Kathylorraine said...

Good evening Erika, I really like this one Happy Friday and weekend coming up Hugs Kathy

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

I agree definitely a retro vibe going on here and there's no such thing as getting carried away with mixed media, it's a great little page. Fab colours and I'm loving that chenille ric rac, the fashion girls are really embracing their surroundings.. Hugs Tracey x