Friday, August 7, 2026

Friday This and That

    Hi everyone. It's already another Friday. This week, other than some rain on Monday, has been on the warmer side. But at least it's our week at my mother-in-law's lake house so I have gotten in some cooling water time. 😏

   Speaking of heat, I wanted to share this summer page for my challenge at Art Journal Journey. This month the theme is In The Good Old Summertime. I'm also sharing with Nicole's Friday Face Off and Gillena's Friday Lunch Break.


   Today's journal page is a mostly paper collage. I started by using this sheet of blue paper as my background. Then I painted in some sand and added some blue paper for water at the edge of the sand. However, I couldn't get the sand to look like I wanted it to, so eventually I dug through all my art supplies and pulled out this bottle of these sand looking paint chips  called Fragments. I spread some glue and then put them down. Next I fussy cut the 2 bathers (Ciao Bella emphera book) and then added a sailboat to give the page more depth (49 and Market). Finally I stamped some various words/phrases and colored in the story word. There is definitely some kind of story going on with those 2 people. You can decide what you'd like that story to be. 👍

   I also have a few other faces to share that I snapped around my yard recently.


Isn't the baffle supposed to keep the squirrels out of the bird feeder? 😏  



The bird bath is actually a bee bath in my yard.


I know there is nothing for scale in this photo, but a tiny little toad was hopping around the yard.


I got lucky and could get a photo of this dragonfly before he flew off.


A pickerel frog in the garden


Here's a diva dog who didn't want just dog food for breakfast one day. (When I put in a tiny bit of shredded cheese she ate it all in about 3 minutes. 😉)


Another dragonfly
and finally a couple of photos that aren't really faces.


The wild blackberries near my driveway have been ripening. Yum!


And a morning's pick from my garden. I've never grown or even seen an albino zucchini before.

        Have a super Friday and start to your weekend. 






1 comment:

Iris Flavia said...

To Summertime!!! Here sadly cool again. So your art cheered me up!
And the faces - enjoy!!!! Tomorrow Summer will likely be back, too - and maybe the cooler weather helps with all the fires, too. It´s not "me-me-me", right!
Have a wonderful Friday, hugs