Hi everyone. Happy new week to you. And hello to all of you who stop by Bleubeard's and Elizabeth's blog for T Day this week.
What's new with me? My physical therapy is going well. I have some exercises to do to relax my neck muscles and to strengthen my back and chest muscles. They aren't hard and seem to be helping. 👍 I even vacuumed the other day with no pain, and although vacuuming is not the most exciting thing, 2 weeks ago even that simple task hurt a lot.
For T today let me start by showing you this view from the back of my husband's truck. There are 2 gas cans of gas for his boat, 2 boat batteries and a cooler full of drinks. Sadly when we tried to go out fishing last Thursday, both batteries were dead. One is just a backup, and who knows how long it had been out of juice. The other one, which was the one we'd been using when we went out in the boat, was also dead. It had been 2 weeks since we last used the boat, but none of the power draining switches had been left on. Whatever the reason that the battery had no charge, it meant we could not go out on the boat that day. (And FYI, the batteries normally stay in the boat. They are only here in the truck because we were taking them home to see if they could be charged.)
BUT, I must add, better to find them dead when we arrived and hadn't put the boat in the water than to be dead while out on the water.👍
My husband was very bummed out. As was I, but not as much as he was.
Since we couldn't be on the water, we might as well enjoy some time near the water. At the marina there is a little seasonal restaurant (not run by the marina but rented out) called Lexi's Landing. Lexi's is a small local chain in our area that specializes in burgers, fish sandwiches, tacos, grilled cheese, etc. We like to eat there, but hadn't been there this year, so I suggested we go have some lunch. That's what we did.
You can see my drink which is a bottle of water, and you can see the boats that pay a huge fee to have a slip and keep their boats in the water. Unfortunately I forgot to take a photo of lunch. 😟
After lunch we ran a few errands, and then, when we were almost home, I suggested we get an ice cream. There is an ice cream stand about 5 minutes away from my house. We hadn't gone for an ice cream in several weeks, and if there is any good reason to get an ice cream, today's disappointment was one. How can you not be cheered up when eating ice cream?
This place has 3 sizes. Kiddie, Small and Large. I ordered a kiddie in a cup. I ordered 2 flavors, cold brew chip and peanut butter pie.
I think the girl who took my order misunderstood me. 😕 I didn't want 2 kiddies on top of each other. I just wanted 1 kiddie with 2 ice creams. (And she only charged me for 1.) Holy cow!!!! That was a whole lot of ice cream. It was humid and as you can see, there was some melt going on.
Good thing it was later in the day because I didn't need dinner after that. 😏 But I have no complaints about having an occasional ice cream dinner.
That's it for me today. Wishing everyone a great start to September, a happy T day, and a super week ahead.
18 comments:
Glad you discovered the batteries being dead in good time.-Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com
The boat looks sleek and elegant. But it was a shame you couldn't go fishing.
Your ice cream looks delicious. It is better to find the battery dead before you are out on the water. I hope you can charge them up.
Batteries could probably be just old and last not as long as they should. That GIANT ice cream is a kiddie size?
Too bad about the batteries. Really a shame. But at least you got ice cream at the end of the day. And that ice cream looked awesome. Thanks for sharing your trip to the marina and your water and ice cream with us for T this Tuesday, dear Erika.
What you saw in my freezer was the LOWER shelf. The top shelf holds veggies and ice cream. I can't live without ice cream, even in winter.
Shoot on both batteries dead!
Hihi, Erika. When the ice cream truck came to our cabin in Madeley I had to buy some. Ugh.
Next time I bought one for Ingo, I always get it in the cup. He wanted a cone so again I had to have ice cream...
But I like our Italian cinnamon-ice cream here in town.
Hope you can make another tour with the boat?
Have a great T-Day and week, hugs
Happy September Erika! I am glad your shoulder is getting better. I am sorry you couldn't go out on the water. Your ice cream looks delicious! Wishing you a very lovely September my friend. Hugs!
Oh what a bummer about the batteries! But as you rightly say, it's better to discover it now than when you are in the water.
There's nothing wrong with an ice cream lunch every now and then! It looks very nice. What is cold brew chip? Is it coffee flavoured with chocolate chips? And I've never had peanut butter pie but assume it tastes of peanuts. It's very hot here and just looking at that ice cream makes me feel better.
Happy T-Day,
Lisca
It's a bummer that you couldn't go out in your gorgeous boat, but sounds like you made the best of it. That ice cream flavor sounds SO good! Have a blessed week!
Oh my, Erika, I'm sorry both batteries were dead, but you did look at the bright side - better to find out before than after the boat was on the water! I love how you described the little seasonal restaurant! Sounds yummy to me! And WOW! My family and I LOVE ice cream, too. There is never an excuse not to eat ice cream in our house! LOL! Yours looks delicious - both are flavors I would have ordered! And that kidde cup is absolutely huge! I wonder what the small and large sizes look like?! Anyway, I really enjoyed your post! Thanks so much for sharing! Hugs, Sharon
We haven't gone out for ice cream once this summer!!!
Ohhh too bad about the batteries. Your boat is beautiful. Yes marina slips are expensive everywhere. Ohhh I do like the looks of the ice cream even is the order was not quite right. Have a nice day.
It was a perfect day for ice cream! Of course, in my book, every day is a perfect day for ice cream! I'm glad your batteries didn't die while you were on the water.
We did sundae dinner at the Kellerhaus last Monday. Perfect. Happy T Day. Hope Hubby gets a new battery so you can go out in the boat a last time or two. Happy T Day. I hope you are staying dry today
Better to have found dead batteries when not in the water as you rightly noted, Erika. Ice cream is a food panacea especially on a warm summer day and your flavor choices sounded great too.
...life is all about communications!
I'm delighted to hear PT is going well--and sad about the boat batteries. I like your idea of relieving your disappointment with ice cream. That was one serious kiddie cup!
I'm considering PT for a hip issue myself. Aging is not fun :(
Glad you discovered the dead batteries BEFORE heading out. That would have been a HUGE disappointment after the work of launching the boat. Ice cream for dinner sounds great...with a side of Lactaid ...did I mention the getting older part...GEESH :)
Post a Comment