Saturday, August 1, 2026

Hello August

   Hi  everyone.  Happy August to you. It's already month 8 of 2026. And the second half of summer. I remember being a kid when summer seemed to go on forever, and now, it feels (as the cliche says) like just a blink of the eye. 😉

   Since it's a new month, it's time for a new challenge over at Art Journal Journey. But before I get to that, I want to once again thank Halle for hosting last month and thank everyone who joined in. It was a super month of fabric, lace and trim. Thank you again for hosting for us Halle. I hope you'll come back and host again.

   This month I am hosting, and my theme is In The Good Old Summertime.

  In the Good Old Summertime  is the name of a very old song. The music and lyrics were first published in 1902. I picked this theme because you could (obviously) make summer themed pages, but you could also make vintage themed pages. You can even combine them for a vintage summer themed page. Or you could make a journal page about something good. And although not a music themed month, you could make a journal page about this particular song or a summer titled song. 

    Several weeks ago I noticed this Ciao Bella ephemera and paper journal.  I really liked it, and it wasn't expensive, so I picked up a copy. It contains papers, items to fussy cut, and stickers. I then chopped it up and used items to make my own summertime journal. You'll be seeing lots of pages from my journal over the next few weeks.

I used part of a sheet of paper from this item to make the base of my first page for this month.

    I then outlined much of the page with a black Sharpie just to frame the image more. I used an older rubber stamp I have that contains the partial paint pan and the brush on the left (image by Impression Obsession).  I also stamped another older paint brush image, but I'm not sure who made that image. Then I used markers to color things in. To make the right side of the page less white, I splattered some watery blue watercolor paint. I like how it made the page look wet. Finally I used a great quote stamp (also from Impression Obsession). I think this quote is the perfect way to start off a new month of art.

   I must also add a couple of reminders to my post about the dreaded rules. Please, no cards, tags, ATC's unless they are part of a journal page. But we accept any type of art journaling. Also, please be aware we can't all  comment on  various social media, so please, if you  link up through a source that is not a  blog, we may not be able to comment.

   I hope no matter where you live, you'll find something to inspire you with this challenge. I know we'd love to see you over at Art Journal Journey. ❤👍😊









18 comments:

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

August already.. how that that happen!! Lovely theme Erika and I adore your first page, fab match of paints in your palette with the beach front print, how wonderful it would be to wake up the that view every morning. The quote made me smile.. it's so true!!
Hope I get to play along this month..
Happy creative August Hugs Tracey x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I thought I was at the wrong post when I clicked and saw the first image. I had never heard of Ciao Bella ephemera before, but I can see where this packet can definitely come in handy. And of course, as I scrolled down, I saw the art you created for the front page at AJJ. This is a beauty and I love the paints and brushes, too. This is a fantastic first entry for your theme at AJJ.

sirkkis said...

Hello and happy August Erika 🥰👍🏼
Thank you for the topical theme; your sample is beautiful and inspiring ❤️
Sure we will meet with it later...
Hugs 😘🎉

Hels said...

The most delightful aspect of the summer sun is making the earth colourful and warmhearted. Your colours even make the sea shine.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

This is just gorgeous, Erika! I love all the shades of blue, the paint pans and brushes, and the quotation!

CJ Kennedy said...

Your page would make a lovely scene to plein air, and you even have the paints ready. So far a sunny day today though it looks like clouds will be moving in (at least down here) Enjoy!

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, dear Erika... a blink of the eye. It cooled down again.
To be in Italy again...
If I find something to get arty... Do you have a Linky or I just do (just an idea, for in case my back allows me) Hugs

Tom said...

...I wish you an Awesome August!

Mia said...

I LOVE the sentiment on your beautiful page, Erika! We will all enjoy your challenge!!!!!!!!

Angie's Recipes said...

You always have some really cool page ideas. That's a very summery one.

Jeanie said...

I really, really, really love this page. Maybe I didn't make myself clear! I REALLY love it!

Christine said...

Lovely page for August. I am sad to see summer slipping away so fast.

Shari Burke said...

That's definitely a bright summery page! Well done! I'm thrilled that we're in August now! Summer seems to drag every year, but the end is in sight now! Yay!

Kathylorraine said...

Happy first say of August Loved your pages hugs happy weekend Kathy

Maria Medeiros said...

Happy August! Lovely and very creative page! Beautiful! Have a magical and creative month!

DVArtist said...

Oh this is a great theme and I do love what you have created. Happy August.

brenda said...

My catchup continues, beautiful summer makes, transports me to France and Italy.

B x

Lowcarb team member said...

Have a wonderful month of August.

All the best Jan