Monday, August 3, 2026

T Stands for a Garden Visit During a Quiet Week

  Hi everyone. Happy new week to you. And hello to everyone who stops by Bleubeard's and Elizabeth's blog for T day this week.

  Last week was a mostly quiet week for me. You might remember me mentioning my sprained rotator-cuff in my shoulder. I  rested my shoulder a lot since last T day, and I have finally been able to sleep through the night without waking up from  sharp pain. Hurrah.😊 👍❤ But I have yet to get into physical therapy. I'm hoping if I can continue to rest my shoulder, by the time I go to PT it will be mostly better. 

  We also had 3 wet or wet-ish days last week. Between my shoulder and the rain I read 4 books, all short, which I'll share later this week on my book post. I also spent a day with a friend who was up visiting from North Carolina. She used to live in this area, but I haven't seen her since her last visit last summer. It was fun to get together with her and catch up in person  (because we do speak with each other on the phone several times over the year.)

   We went out to lunch and then went for a walk through the local botanical garden. However, I forgot to get a photo of my drink at lunch. However, we ate at a restaurant that serves delicious popovers. I bought 2 to take home so my husband and I could each have one later. They also serve them with maple butter so that came with my take out order. We had them for breakfast the next morning after I heated them up for a few minutes. 


   You can also see my drink this week for T which is my homemade breakfast shake that I make with chocolate protein powder, a bit of a coffee protein shake and also a lot of skim milk. 

   The gardens were really lovely that day, and we could continue to talk as we walked through them. Let me share a few views to finish off my post.












  It's great to be able to enjoy summer outside for certain.  That's all for me for this T day post. Wishing you a happy T day and a wonderful week ahead.










   

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would think the earlier you start the PT the better for your shoulder.-Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

Tom said...

...I love the gardens, but the rock sculptures caught my eye.

CJ Kennedy said...

Nice that you and your friend could catch up in such a lovely setting. I really like the stacked stone sculptures. Watch your mail Thursday or Friday.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Beautiful and contemplative gardens.

Veronica Lee said...

Glad to hear your shoulder is improving, Erika. The garden walk sounds like such a peaceful way to spend time with your friend, and those popovers with maple butter… heavenly. Happy T Day and wishing you more pain‑free nights ahead!

Angie's Recipes said...

I am glad that your shoulder gets better! Those kinds of pain ain't going to kill you, but just plain pain in the A$$!!

Modrina Neba - Blue sky said...

Erika, I love the little flowers, this view of your garden... how are they surviving this hellish heat, how are you? Sending a hug for Tuesday!

DeniseinVA said...

Good luck with your PT. How nice you and your friend were able to get together. Those popovers look great. Thanks for taking us a walk around this lovely garden and have a great week.

Hels said...

The homemade breakfast shake that you made sounds easy, but I would change the proportions - less chocolate protein powder, more coffee protein shake and the skim milk.

Katerinas Blog said...

What a wonderful setting!!
Yes, we should be grateful when we can walk in such beautiful surroundings!!
Have a great day!!

brenda said...

Everywhere looks so green still, not the same can be said here and it so sad watching well established shrubs and trees turn yellow and drop their leaves, really is pretty dire here now, no rain since May.

B x

Lisca said...

What a shame you haven't been able to find a physiotherapist. I would have thought that the sooner, the better.
That popover is enormous! What is maple butter? Butter with a maple syrup taste? Is it even real butter? (My pet hate is margarine, one molecule removed from plastic!)
Great that your friend came to visit and that you visited this gorgeous botanical garden. Lush summer garden.
Happy T-Day and enjoy your August.
Lisca

Iris Flavia said...

Always great to catch up with friends and ohhhh, that weather, wonderful! Have a great T-Day, hugs

Shari Burke said...

I haven't had popovers in decades! My mother used to make them regularly. I loved them. I've never seen them in a restaurant. Glad you had a great visit with your friend.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Great to see the Monarch. I have seen relatively few this year. All the best - David

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Glad to read that your shoulder is doing better, Erika, and possibly you won't even need PT by the time you can get an appointment. Nice to get together with a friend and walk a garden too.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm glad your shoulder is getting better. Too bad you can't get the physical therapy you need. What a beautiful and calming place you chose to spend time with your friend. Stunning nature scenes.

That protein shake looks delicious. And it sounds good, too. That is a huge popover. Thanks for sharing your drink and walk with us for T this Tuesday.

Jeanie said...

I'm so glad the weather shaped up for your friend's visit. The garden looks fantastic. And good for you, resting the shoulder. You're doing all the right stuff while you wait. I hope the PT comes through soon.