Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Can You Find all the Circles?

Hi everyone. I have another page for Art Journal Journey, Rosie's fun theme is circles, and I am making this a one of those "Where's Waldo" hunt pages to see if you can find all the circles/ovals.
LOL
It also works for Moo Mania because the theme there is Underwater and mermaids, starfish, shells and anchors are usually found under the water.
My background is made by collage paper scraps and some tape, and then I did a bit of painting (the palm tree) and some drawing,painting and cutting (the mermaid and the hard to see scallop shells) and some die cutting (the chains, anchors and starfish).
So not a long post and also my last post for the week.  My family and I are heading off for an extended weekend in Maine for a little change of scenery, This just might be my summer of visiting one of my favorite states. Or at least my June of visiting Maine. This will be trip number 3 for me as I've been to Rockland, Portland and now about as far downeast as you can go, all the way northeast  to Eastport.
And please keep your fingers crossed that Sunday the weather will be nice and most importantly, the seas are calm. I booked a boat trip out to a puffin nesting island last January (thankfully I jumped on it-the boat trips were sold out for the season by February 1) and if it has to be cancelled, we won't be doing that this year. I had wanted to see some puffins in Iceland last year, and I did manage to see one-though I didn't know it until I got home and zoomed up my photo on Photoshop. I hope I should be able to see thousands of them since they say around 5,000 of the birds nest on this sanctuary island. 
I'm especially excited about that part of the weekend.
So enjoy the rest of your week and your weekend. Hope its a good one. I'll miss being by but hopefully I'll see you on Monday.
Thanks for visiting.

16 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous journal page, love all the details, but I'm too lazy to count all those circles! Great news about the puffing sanctuary, wish I could go with you, but hope that the weather will be perfect for you. Hugs, Valerie

CJ Kennedy said...

What a fun page! So when I don't complete my project for today, I can blame you because I was circle counting! (-; Enjoy your trip to Maine. The weather report I heard sounded like nice weather. Maybe a pop-up thunderstorm or two, but not a washout. Happy Solstice!

nanskidrewski said...

Love your colorful page, and think I found the circles. I am keeping my fingers crossed for lovely weather for you on your Maine trip. I haven't seen much of Maine, but we do Ogunquit and Kittery a few times a year, so beautiful up there. Maybe someday, I will get further north. Enjoy!

sirkkis said...

What a beautiful, happy page. Love the vibrant scene and many fun and lovely images you chose.
I hope you have a wonderful trip and the sea is calm and sun is shining.
Hugs xx

Rosie said...

Wow, your page is fabulous, Erika.

Thank you for joining us at MOO MANIA & MORE

froebelsternchen said...

It's too hot now for me to count all the circles - sorry - but I love the page in general -
all the lovely details make one happy!
You made me specially happy once again to link this fantastic piece to Art Journal Journey and Moo Mania & More!
Thank you very much dear Erika!
I will hold my fingers and toes crossed for nice weather and calm seas - enjoy!!! - and I am looking forward to seeing some photos of the puffin nesting island!
oxo Susi

Meggymay said...

Its a beautiful happy page and I loved the images.
I hope you have a lovely trip away and you visit the places you are looking forward to seeing Fingers crossed for calm waters.
Yvonne xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

How in the world did I get so far behind? This is wonderful and I simply adore the circles and sea. Great minds think alike, although yours is so different from mine. I LOVE those anchors.

I have always wanted to see a puffin. I hope they are out in full force and the weather cooperates with you. It sounds like a dream come true. I wish I could join you.

Jeanie said...

I'm not even counting those circles. There are a zillion!

Have a great time in Maine. I'd love to see the puffins too and I hope you have calm seas so you can do that and then share with us your wonderful photos!

Happy weekend!

Gibby Frogett said...

Oh what a happy and fun piece Erika - I love this :)
I hope the weather and the sea is perfect for your trip - hope you have a lovely weekend away.
Gill xx

Divers and Sundry said...

Puffins! I love them! I've never seen them in person, but I keep up with the live puffin cameras. I look forward to your photos :)

Let's Art Journal said...

Lovely page full of colour and under sea wonder ๐Ÿ˜€. Have a wonderful weekend in Maine with your family and enjoy your boat trip to see the puffins, how exciting! J ๐Ÿ˜Š

sheila 77 said...

Oh what a happy mermaid in her underwater environment. I love the happy colours and patterns and the anchors and of course all the circles. Maybe she collects circles?
Have a great time away, seeing puffins will be magical.
I'm glad to read in the previous post that your husband is doing well.

kathyinozarks said...

Have fun cooking-baking with your cast iron pan-I really enjoy mine
Loving your mermaid!
Happy weekend Kathy

kathyinozarks said...

oh and PS hope you get to see puffins-that would just be too fun

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Hi Erika, I am a first time visitor to your blog and now can't recall which blog I came from as usually Monday is blog reading day for me. Imagine my surprise to read your profile and then find out you also live in NH as we do in a former textile mill in Nashua. Hope your Maine holiday is wonderful and that you get to see the puffins. Feel free to drop in for a look around our blog space anytime as we always enjoy meeting new folks too, especially neighbors.