Thursday, August 30, 2007
Tuesday, August 28, 2007
Monday, August 27, 2007
Sunday, August 26, 2007
with the ones you love and laughing and having tail wagging fun. That's what the summer has been (I think I could stay home full time if I had the cash!)
I forgot my camera- not good- but it was an interesting day. Incredibly HOT and HUMID- didn't feel very comfortable even dipping into the lake which had cooled down since the week was soooo chilly. Read lots of my latest book- London by Edward Rutherford. Was a big crowd at Barbara's- us, Nick, Deb, Sarah, Ally, Ed abd Ruth, Barbara of course. Big thunder storm but NO rain at dinner- power went off and we had an adventure dinner of hamburgers...then had this cool RED sunset- even the water was red, with the wind blowing and the waves RED from the sun...no camera of course, forgot it at home...dinner in the dark, then the lights came back on...still hot though-but today we're in a turn-over day I think- feels cooler already.
More to say- Friday was our last day at the lake for the summer- got haircuts- did a bunch of scrapping on our day in Northern Ireland during the week- just wanted to hang our in my grungies most of the week. Was researching places and info for our Feb. Trip to London...
Now, it is Sunday- end of my vacation officially- tomorrow I work- but 4 days this week- only 3 with kids...then its the long 4 day Labor Day weekend for me- promised Katie shopping Friday- and we're officially back into fall activities- though Sept.is usually still so summery...
Time flies when you're having FUN.
- January-Harvard museum of Natural History
- Feb-The Credit Union of America Museum
- March- Museum of Science (Darwin Exhibit), The N.E. Aquarium, BOston Museum of Fine Arts (Paris Fashin Week)
- April- Field trip to the Harvard Museum of Natural History, all the stuff in Ireland
- May- Field Trip to the Museum of Science, The Peabody Essex Museum in Salem, MA- especially the Joseph Cornell Exhibit
- June- Nada- nothing- but school got out and summer began...
- July- Some of the Freedom Trail- like the Holocost Memorial and The Historical National Park in Lowell, MA- the old mills- where the girls worked and lived and the visitors center about Lowell, the Jack Karowac (spelling) On the Road Scroll
- August- Philly- the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall, The Carpenter's Hall where the Conitental congress (first) met, the Franklin Institute of Science, The King Tut Exhibit, the Edgar Allen Poe House, the USS New Jersey, Valley Forge
And what's left: Well, there's 2 quilt museums in Lowell Ma I wouldn't mind visiting, never made it to the Libbey Museum in Wolfeboro, there's even Strawberry Bank in Portsmouth and mostly would like to back to the Isabella Stewart Gardiner museum in Boston since its been years since I've gone there. Not sure how the fall will go with back to school in Sept and the usual fall activities- apple picking, getting winterized, birthdays and major holidays... if don't complete the project, well its nothing official and not the end of the world...
But it is somuch fun!
Thursday, August 23, 2007
BRING OUT THE BIG GUNS AND SHOW THE WORLD MY STRENGTH!
1- Vacation is winding down. Today is really my last day at home and I don't want to change out of my grungies. How done a few chores, dones lots of scrapping- working on my Northern Ireland roadtrip adventure. Its cloudy, warming up a bit- so NICE to hung out. Started reading the book LONDON too, which is soooo long (like 1000 pages give or take) but so far I am enjoying it and hope to be a bit more informed when I got to London in Feb.
Tomorrow is my last Lake Day and then Katie and I are both getting our hair done. Then its the weekend- then its back to school on Monday.
2- Having massive rubber stamp addiction- NEED TO BUY! Alas, I have like no money until I get my check next week from school- and keep thinking I might need to charge something- but that would be so naughty with the trips sitting on my credit card. Want to buy some nautical stamps from B-Line Design, some more Technique Tuesday borders and a few assorted items on the Stamp Diva website.
3-Speaking of money- I have fear of checking my bank account amount...but really need to. Sometimes, today.
So, I am adding a couple more photos from our trip last weekend- The USS New Jersey- since I must be a tough strong battleship to resist spending $$$ and having the nerve to check my bank account.
Wednesday, August 22, 2007
Tuesday, August 21, 2007
the want to do list:
1) lose 15 pounds
2) get out of debt so my paycheck is mostly mine
3) learn to speak Italian
4) learn to play the drums
5) become more of a public artist rather than a private artist
6) figure out how to become a paid artist
7) handle anxiety better so I can control stress better
8) exercise regulary once school gets back into session next week
9) not get so down about my relationship with my mom
10) be able to sleep through the night better-this goes with #7
Think 10 is a good start! Lets see if I can accomplish a1 or 2 of them successfully.
I did accomplish this once before- with my traveling...wanted to do more, and now I do it. That's a lot of the debt I need to payoff- Philly last weekend- the hotel rooms and Tut tickets (not much to pay off) but then we're going to London in Feb (YAHOO), which is a BIG wanna-do but now I have that to pay off, and its $3100.
Write it down, MAKE IT HAPPEN!
Monday, August 20, 2007
Here's Dave and Katie sitting on the steps outside the first bank of the U.S.
Gum tree on South Street- quick and a bit blurry as we took a duck tour by.
Wednesday, August 15, 2007
today I was on a ROLL and cleaned up my studio part of the spare room- we call it the bookroom- went through my stamps-pulled out a few moer to sell on e-Bay once we come home, made some space, packed them better in their bins since they get used, end up a mess and then I can't close to tops, and even did some arranging so now I have TWO empty bins on the shelf and TWO more where I would need to make shelf room. I am so excited to have a bit of space- want to make another bin called "water"- with boats, swimming, etc. stamps. haven't done it yet, but will help make some space in the travel, transportation box, and B-Line Designs has some great nautical stamps I would really like get one of these days.
anyhow, now just need to attack the books in the spare room- they are still rather everywhere. but at least I can work on my projects- started photos from Northern Ireland- to scrapbook and also found some fall photos from 2004 I need to finish- pretty close to being done- that time I did a 4 season book and all that is left is these fall pages-which are mostly done anyhow.
will post somemore from my house book and otherwise, will be back early next week with lots of photos from our mini-trip.
Tuesday, August 14, 2007
Here's a few pages from my house book project- yahoo-finally finished something- which I started back in early July.
The theme was originally Grandma's house, but it grew to more of big picture of common emotions all women go through at various points during their lives.
But I'll still call it Grandma's House- in honor of my Nana (whom I miss very much by the way) and my MorMor (well it should be FarMor), my Swedish Grandma on Dad's side. I never got to know her as well since she passed away when I was 7.
1) This page is the Diva page. I made the whole book by taking oversized playing cards and cutting them into a house shape. Then I glued down fabric and sewed the edges for extra hold. Now I was ready to play!
2)This page is made by glueing down some writing fabric. Then I stamped the woman (great old Hero Arts) on transparent acetate, cut her out and glued her onto white cloth and cut out. Attach. Stamp a few phrases and cover with white mesh. Add diamond sparklies to the left and on the right, I colored a strip with a sharpie, put down this thick Diamond Glaze type of material (name??? dried to a clear embellishment and thicker than Diamond Glaze) and then while wet I dropped in some Judikins Rox in clear. (Great texture I think)
I topped it all with this filgree embellishment and a silver/gray ribbon bow. See the details below.
3) This page to the left is the back of the book. The sun is painted with Golden Acrylics, the tree is made of tyvec (???? other name) painted and the leaves are green dimensional fabric paint. The chicken is actually a small piece of fabric attached and outlined with a Sharpie. There is trim on the bottom (ric-rac glued with Diamond Glaze- my favorite-most everything is glued with it!), flowers are made from bingo pieces and also a flower trim which I cut apart to get the black eyed susans. Sunflower charms are in each bottom corner.
4)Now below is the art page- as all woman create something from their lives. What I liked about this page was the metal word band at the top made from green wire and word charms ( see the details)- I glued the metal charms to hold it in place. Also, I took Staz-On and white fabric and used some Hero Arts cloth sample stamps to make the 3 cloth pieces. The ABC are also Hero Arts stamps stamped onto a transparency and glued, the sewing model is a Dawn Houser stamp and there is a crocheted embellishment I bought from Speckled Egg- check out the website. Also from them, the scissor charm.
Monday, August 13, 2007
Sunday, August 12, 2007
1- we finished eating the pig from yesterday
2- we are actively planning out trip now that we have booked hotel rooms- off to Philly on Thursday
3- Mom surprised me and said she'd baby sit Harley while we are gone
4- Barbara (my mother-in-law) volunteered to take Harley but said she'd come down and check the cats while we're gone
5- The book I am reading- Abundance by Sena Jeter Naslund is excellent
6- It was a gorgeous day! espcially since some of my in-laws weren't too obnoxious (not Barbara but the you know who's)
7- Great walk this morning
And that was today! An overall good day!