I checked my blog and found out I was nominated for the Leibster Award by
Heather K at
I am totally thrilled!
Thank you Heather!!!!
What a way to start my day.
What a cool thing to find when you come home from your summer road trip vacation and are having those after the trip blues.
I checked out Heather's blog and I think it is great.
Heather, I love that you can't stand to be late, at all, ever.
That's me too! Drives my hubby crazy.
You should also!
What is the Liebster Award?
In the blogging world it is an award for new bloggers who are just starting out. This award gets passed around by other bloggers who were nominated and they nominate other new bloggers. This helps getting the new blogs noticed. Pretty cool, huh? Basically, the purpose of the Liebster Award is to get blogs with less than 200 followers noticed.
What are the Rules?
1. Thank your Liebster Award presenter on your blog and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself and create 11 questions for your nominees.
3. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs that has 200 followers or less whom you feel deserve to be noticed. Be sure to leave them a comment on their blog to let them know they have been chosen.
4. Copy and paste the blog award on to your blog. It is an award so show it off! Wink...Wink.
So here are my 11 questions to answer:
1. Who would you say is your biggest fan?
Hmmm...The hubby and daughter but maybe even more than them is my cat Leo. We joke at home that I am his possession. And my studio area is HIS space that he Graciously allows me to use. (Ha-Ha). Of course since he possesses me , he has to sit underfoot whenever I get creative in there. Think he's channeling creative juices.
2. What inspires you?
Color and texture, especially those which are in nature or inspired from nature.
3. What is your biggest dream?
I'd like to be a designer of some kind of thing...maybe fabric, maybe paper. Have my own line of product. Or be able to travel the world. Or actually have the inside and outside of my house completely finished. Or have instant house cleaning by snapping my fingers. Guess I have a lot of dreams.
4. Describe your perfect day.
Not having to get up to go to work, having a yummy breakfast, doing whatever I want to do for the rest of the day
5. What is your most favorite quirk about yourself?
My favorite quirk, hmm, I am kind of silly and have a childlike view of the world
6. If you could do anything right now, and money nor time were factors, what would you do?
I would take some time off from work and I would travel the world for awhile- and then I would come home and leisurely write a book about my travels-kind of a scrapbook/journal type of book, but not something just for me with memories but something I could really publish for the whole world to read.
7. What is your favorite animal? Why?
OK, maybe I am wishy-washy, but I like all animals except snakes. However, I am feeling a calling towards bald eagles. I had a close encounter with one a couple of summers ago, as it came down and grabbed a fish out of the water, in fact you could hear the slap of the water as it grabbed the fish. Then I had several more encounters in the last few years- they are strong, proud, beautiful.
8. What is your favorite childhood memory?
Hmmm-don't think I have one favorite. To many funny warm moments. Probably hanging out at my aunts rustic cabin on the coast of Maine or fishing with my dad or raising a baby bird with my nana.
9. What would you name your alter ego? (You know, that person you secretly want to be but keep hidden from the rest of the world.)
Very boring, but Ellen.
10. How many states in the US have you visited? What was your favorite?
37-favorite? I love the state I love in-New Hampshire- and I also love Maine-I have a lot of emotional attachments to make them my favorites- but I haven't been to a state I dislike or like better than any other.
11. What is your favorite thing to do in your free time?
Take a nap, make art, go for a walk, hop on an airplane or take a road trip, and of course, read a book= wait a minute- that isn't one favorite thing, is it?
11 Random facts about myself
1. I am short- just 5 feet
2. I can't stand when the inside of my car gets super dirty but I hate to clean it.
3. Peanut M&M's are the best!
4-I am allergic to almonds.
5-On an average vacation I take at least 1200 photos. (Not that they are all very good).
6-I love sandals and sweaters!
7-I love to learn new things.
8-I love to sleep with lots of blankets.
9-I can't do straight lines if I tried.
10-I have a problem with books, I own too many. The pile next to bed is too high (ok, the piles) and my coffee table covered. I love books.
11 Questions for my nominees!
1-Are you a cat person or dog person?
2-What is one thing you would change if you could?
4-How many continents have you traveled to?
5-What is one thing you would like to learn to do?
6-Do you like chocolate?
7-What did you have for breakfast today?
8-How many languages do you speak?
9-Have you ever been to the top of the Eiffel Tower?
10-What is you favorite hobby?
And my 11 nominees are: