So back in late August I took a class with Dina Wakely. The theme of this class was paper dolls- taking stamped images and making clothes and new hairdos for them. Just like with paper dolls.
I never thought of doing such a thing but what a fun idea!
In class I had a blast thinking of and playing with ways to change my ladies. Here's the link to my oroginal post with some of my ladies from that class: Dina's ladies post
So this week I played with some Stampotique stamps (Daniel Torrente) and dressed them up. They're going into the Halloween book I am playing around with.
I made clothes for them-sometimes I tried to match the bodies and sometimes I played with other shapes for clothing. I used old paper towels that had soaked up lots of ink and paint from other projects. I used paper that was painted and deli wrap gelli printed paper. I colored in parts of the original stamp and added some paint dots. I made trim and used fabric trim. I added hair and used water brushes to add ink coloring.
I had so much fun I am going to do this some more and try out a little more complex clothing and hair,
Then I cut all these characters out. I got rid of the coloring outside of the lines and the overlapping edges.
I also played a little bit with some Halloween stamps from Oxford Impressions.
Here's a page with this dolled up lady. It didn't photograph the best- kind of shadowy on the bottom.
Man, this dress up is so much fun!