Saturday, December 16, 2017

Santa is Coming Soon

It's a quiet weekend here after a busy week. In some ways a little too quiet but  the hubby's been under the weather. I can't say I am particularly ambitious myself either. Right now we're watching Jaws on tv and it's got me dreaming of warm summer days on the boat (with no sharks though) instead of the Christmas holidays.
So my first view today didn't photograph all that well since I was using indoor light and trying to hold open my holiday journal in one hand while snapping the photo in the other. Somehow I got a deep shadow along the inner edge on the left. 
Here's a shadowless view but it cut off the top of the page, so I guess you will need to put the 2 together in your mind to get a better picture of the page.

My page is all about those cold dark winter nights.

My holiday journal is in a thick old book and I made this page by first using a tree mask and stencil along with some various green paints on a few of the book pages that are glued together.  I painted the rest of the page a light washed out metallic grey, and stamped the holiday song quote many times over the sky. The moon is painted, and the Santa in his sleigh is stamped. I added some little metal stars and some white glitter snow paste. My snow paste was getting a bit dry and it didn't spread as smoothly as I hoped, but it still gives the snow effect even if it is a bit lumpy.
So I am joining into 3 challenges: 
First of all I am joining up to Sheila's Let's Celebrate challenge over at Art Journal Journey.
Secondly,  the latest theme at Moo Mania is Christmas.
And lastly, Try It On Tuesday we have Twinkle Twinkle.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!






16 comments:

sheila 77 said...

Glad that you have confirmed that Santa is on his way. I'll be looking out for him soon passing over the moon. I do like your dark picture with the silver stars and the dark trees and the light trees illuminated by the moonlight.
Thanks very much for another great entry of Celebration, Erika. Hope hubby feels better soon.

Dortesjs said...

beautiful, love very much ;O))

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm having the same problem getting my pages to photograph well in the winter light. I'm considering using my scanner, but some of my pages are so dimensional, I am not sure how well they would scan. I really got the idea, believe me. and your stars look very similar to mine.

Although I don't want it to be summer, I do want to get more in the Christmas spirit. I really like the journal page you created. It certainly helps my spirits. Thanks for sharing this fabulous tree filled journal entry for Art Journal Journey today, dear.

Rita said...

Pretty! I especially like the trees! :)

Lula said...

Thanks bunches for sharing your stunning page with us at Try it on Tuesday this time. Merry Christmas to you!
Lula xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Great journal page, lovely colours. And thanks for joining us at TIOT again. It is sometimes hard to take photo in winter, that's true Have a nice day, hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

Oh wow.. I love the texture and the colors and it could be a page of our woodland here around me as well. Just started to snow a bit again here - we will see if more snow wants to come!
I hope you don't feel too bad and hubby and you get well soon!!! Take good care of yourselves! Erika this is really SUNDAY for me to see such a beautiful page linked to Art Journal Journey, Moo Mania & More and Try It On Tuesday at once!
♥♥♥♥ Big THANK YOU my friend ♥♥♥♥
oxo Susi

Rosie said...

This is a gorgeous project, Erika.

Thank you for joining us at MOO MANIA & MORE

CJ Kennedy said...

Your journal page would make a wonderful Christmas card. I loved the stars and Santa silhouetted against the moon. You can dream of a white Christmas. I've had enough of the white stuff for the season. thank you very much. 185 days until the first day of Summer!

Jeanie said...

I love the texture on your trees, Erika. I think the photos look great but then I'm not seeing the real thing and I know there's always more difference. Lovely spirit in this!

Meggymay said...

I think the light at this time of the year gets us all trying to take good photos. Your journal page looks fantastic, with the sleigh flying high in the sky.
Thank you for another wonderful page for the TioT's challenge.
Yvonne xx

Anonymous said...

Feel like I'm in the middle of the NH woods, wonderful page. Sorry Dave is down for the count. See you soon! xox

Mrs.B said...

Another great journal page Erika, the snow paste may be dry, but it's created great textures.
Thanks for sharing with us at TioT
Avril xx

Divers and Sundry said...

I love your trees! and the sight of Santa there is encouraging :) You've caught the spirit of Christmas for us, I think.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow! Another fabulous entry for Try It On Tuesday! Thank you,Hugs,Chrisx

Let's Art Journal said...

What a beautiful winter night scene! The texture of the trees and snow are gorgeous 😁. I love it! I hope you had a lovely weekend! We've just got back after visiting family, we had a great time and with lots of travelling involved it's nice to be home ...lol 😉. Happy new week! J 😊