Monday, February 19, 2018

T Stands for a Hockey Win

Happy T Day Ladies. Tuesday has rolled around again and it is time to celebrate the day with a cup of tea, or coffee, or water, or maybe even a beer or glass or wine.
You might be familiar with how I like to watch my alma mater college team play ice hockey. We used to have a really good team many years ago playing in many National Championship playoffs..The last few years  we had a really bad team, and this year we are doing OK. It's nice to see a little improvement. 
Anyhow, last Wednesday night the team played near our home. They were playing our rival team. You might remember back in January my college team played our rival team up on our home ice. (T Stand for Pre-Game Pizza). That game ended as a tie.
Now the team was playing on our rival's home ice.
 We actually got lucky and received  free tickets. My friend had 2 tickets and they weren't going to use them so she gave them to me.
It wasn't very crowded because it was not only a Wednesday night but also Valentine's Day.
Before the game we met another couple for dinner at a local restaurant. 
 I had a burger, some spicy waffle fries and a beer. Well actually I was bad and had 2 beers, but we were at dinner for almost 2 hours. Socializing. Service was good but we had a bunch of catching up to do with the other couple.
I could only eat half of my burger as it was huge. I did manage to eat those fries.
Afterwards we walked to the area for the game. Good thing I walked over 15,000 steps that day because I am sure those fires were not low calorie versions. :)
The game was good and by the end of regulation playing time we were once again tied. That mean the game went into a 5 minute overtime.
Five minutes had almost passed and still we were tied.  But then, with 23 seconds left, a player on my college team took a shot and the puck slipped into the goal net.
We had won!
 That certainly gave the hubby and I a nice ending to a Wednesday.
Stop by Bleubeard and Elizabeth's blog to join in the T Day fun. It's always great to see what kind of T Day post people share.
I really appreciate you stopping by my blog too/
Happy T Day!

18 comments:

CJ Kennedy said...

You had a hat trick. Dinner and hockey with your Hubby on Valentine's Day, dinner and hockey with friends, and your team won the game. Score! Burger and fries look really good too. I love waffle fries. Happy T Day.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a great way to spend Valentine's Day. I really enjoyed the spicy fries and would have eaten all of them, too. Congrats on the win. What a great way to end your day. I'm sure it made both of you quite happy.

Two beers? Did you read the sign about buzzed driving (grin)? I bet you weren't buzzed by the end of that game, and especially if you walked from the warm restaurant in the cold to the stadium. That would sure kill a buzz! Thanks for sharing your burger, fries and beer, as well as your hockey game with us for T this Tuesday. I am sorry to admit I know very little about hockey, except it often erupts in a fight of some kind. But I know you enjoy it, and that makes me happy.

Valerie-Jael said...

Glad you enjoyed your Valentine's game and had a fun evening. Your food looks soooooooooooooo good. I'm hungry, haven't had breakfast yet, and everyone is showing food, what temptation! Have a great day, it's nearly time for your break! Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

johanna said...

wow, this burger/fries serving really Looks huge. but tasty;) there are days when calories don´t Count:)
and what an exciting finish of your team to win the game! a nice topping on the day!
happy t-day and have a great week! xox

Meggymay said...

It sounds like it was a perfect ending to your day out, especially with your team getting a late win.
Your meal looked very tempting, I am always amazed at the size of the burger rolls all stacked up with layers of interesting food, delicious.
Happy T day wishes Erika.
Yvonne xx I

Linda Kunsman said...

what better way to end the evening than with a last minute win! And an all around good day with friends, food, drink and talk. And I always feel better about having a substantial meal when the step count is good:) Happy T Day!

kathyinozarks said...

thanks for sharing your fun evening with friends with us-the food looks delicious and congrats to your team that won.
Happy T Day Kathy

Let's Art Journal said...

Sounds like the perfect way to spend Valentine's to me, I love watching ice hockey 😁. Your dinner looks so yummy and a couple of beers is just my thing too - cheers! So glad your team won, look like it was the perfect ending to a perfect evening 😉. Happy T Day! J 😊

Lisca said...

You are right Erika, the queen did abdicate to let her son be king. Very sensible I think. Not like queel Elizabeth of England. By the time she goes, Charles will be too old to reign!
Yes, I remember your blog about the ice hockey game. It's so good that your fav team finally won. And at the last minute too. So exciting!
Your lunch looks scrummy, and I bet you had a great time with your friends catching up.
Happy T-Day,
Lisca

Divers and Sundry said...

Happy T Tuesday! Your burger looks tasty, and it sounds like you picked a fun way to spend the evening :)

Lorraine said...

great photos..I have been watching the winter olympics but to attend a game looks much more exciting

Kate Yetter said...

I am not much of a hockey fan but it sounds like you had a great time. Free tickets and a win sounds like a awesome outing. And the meal looks delicious!
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Sharon Madson said...

What fun! I have never been to a Hockey game. We are college basketball fans though. And this is our favorite tv season of the year! We watch college basketball almost every day or night, and can't wait for March Madness! But, I know in person games are so much more exciting! Great photos, and the food looks good! Happy T-Day!

froebelsternchen said...

Congrats on YOUR team! Super! And you were very busy with 15000 steps on this day - the yummie looking meal was well-deserved and I hope you took the rest of the burger with you for the dogs?! Or did you find someone who helped out ?!
I always wonder why the beers don't show any beer foam on them in the images from the American or U.K. ladies. Our beers are all served with a load of foam always, when they not come directly in the bottle.
But it's for sure better to have a full glass of beer instead of just a half glass full of beer and the other part is just foam.
Happy belated T-Day Erika!
Our snow is still here ... icy outside - it will NOT melt soon as it seems.
oxo Susi

Jeanie said...

It sounds like loads of fun, Erika! And even more when you win. Nice to have the tickets too -- always more fun in person.

jinxxxygirl said...

What a day you had Erika!! Not a hockey fan or a beer fan but now that burger and fry i could get into THAT! lol Boy that looked yummy.. I find every once in a while i just NEED a burger and fry..lol So glad your team won! Thats awesome!! And a great ending to a great day. Happy happy T day! Hugs! deb

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Wow - what an exciting win! Congrats to your team. I'm really impressed at 15,000 steps, Erika. My daily goal is 4,000 - lol.

Happy T-day! Hugs, Eileen

pearshapedcrafting said...

Your meal looks delicious! I can now see why you like Ice Hockey so much having seen some on the Winter Olympics - it really is a fast game!! Glad your team won too! Belated Happy T Day - things became busier than I expected yesterday! Chrisx