I picked up one of these new Dylusion's art journals. It has black pages and is 8x8 (inches) in size. I've had it about 3 weeks now and finally last week decided to try it. I haven't really ever worked with black pages before, That made me decide to give some quick brushes of bright yellow paint to work on-because I thought the black might be too dark.
I decided to use some black ink and a crackle image rubber stamp so it would make the paint look a little less thick. I really like how that worked.
Since I needed to clean off the scraps from my work table, I added them to the page in various amounts of layering. I had the left over paper from some die cut letters, which I first used to stencil with and then I cut up and added pieces directly to the page. I also stenciled some pink paint dots,added some other assorted die cuts, and also some photos from an old 1950's camera magazine I found when we were cleaning out my Mom's house back in September.
I had this hotel key slide folder from some weekend adventure in the past year or two and so I added that. It made a nice little pocket to hide a mini-tag. I made that using the tag off some piece of clothing that was also laying around on my table. I painted it orange and added a ticket and some stickers to it.
I made a good dent into my scrap pile. Yahoo! It is time clean up the play space...getting to the point it is too messy to work in (for me that is). Plus I need to put that box of Halloween things away, and I guess pull out the Christmas/winter things.
Got to get ready for work. Enjoy your day!