Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Read me a story

It's already the middle of the week. This week is just flying! More rain is due today, so it will be another dark and dreary day. Hurricane Jose (now tropical storm Jose) is making its closest path to us, but it shouldn't be more than a little  wind. But hopefully the humidity will blow on out with this weather when Jose moves further east into the Atlantic.
The news on the doggie front is that she is home. The vet said her surgery went well and the edges seemed pretty clear and the tumor didn't show any signs of growing inward. Now we just need to wait for the pathologist report which should be in later this week. She is a little lethargic and has a big incision with lots of stitches but she's up and about. 
So today I have a page from my calendar journal. 
The black and yellow is part of the calendar and I added the plaid, the polka dot tape and the white paper ribbon trim at the top. The little girl is a TH found relative and I drew in a chair for her to sit on. Otherwise standing in a sitting position can't be too comfortable.
Once again the colors of my page are those you see in the fall, so I am linking up to Yvonne's excellent challenge over at Art Journal Journey.
And here's a few more photos from my Saturday afternoon in Portsmouth, New Hampshire.
Who doesn't love sunflowers?



Hope you're having a great day!

14 comments:

Dortesjs said...

Very lovely and great photos to ;O))

CJ Kennedy said...

Glad to hear the puppy's surgery went well. Fun page. The little girl looks like she'd enjoy a scary story. The sunflowers are so pretty. Obviously, no goldfinches to eat the petals. Stay dry!

Valerie-Jael said...

Crazy and very unseasonable weather seems to be the trend everywhere just now! Glad your doggie is doing well after surgery.Love your journal page, great colours, and fitting to the wonderful sunflowers. Have a nice day, hope school doesn't bug you too much!Thanks for the nice words about my hearing aids! Hugs, Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Glad to read that about Maddie. Does that mean she didn't have to go to Doggie Day Care today (or until she is feeling better)?

This is an adorable journal entry. I swear you put my calendar to shame. I am probably one of the worst calendar people you know, because I simply adore yours, and what you have created today for AJJ. Creating that chair is genius. Most impressive art today, dear.

Is it just me, or are those sunflowers HUGE!! I adore them, especially coming from Kansas, where our state flower is the sunflower. These are fabulous.

BTW, flan recipe should be at your place when you get home tonight.

craftytrog said...

I love your sweet page Erika! Gorgeous sunflowers too.
Good news about your doggie, and hoping the hurricane doesn't get too close.
Alison x

froebelsternchen said...

Oh - so good to hear that Maddie is up and about - and I cross my fingers for the pathologist report! I knew all would go well! I love your super page - how clever to paint her such a comfy chair !
Well done!
The sunflowers are amazing - mine her are all gone and the birds have already picked all the seeds.
I am optimistic for our boy's surgery tomorrow in the morning - he is such a brave boy - all will go well!
Happy evening from me - thank you very much for joining Yvonne's theme again dear Erika!
♥♥♥
Susi

Anonymous said...

Poor Maddie, stitches suck as Peanut will attest, she's had two separate cuts on her feet in the past month and staples in both. Last go comes out Friday. Need to keep her from running at the beach with Ella sadly, they are too wild together. Keep us posted on pathology.....hugs. xox

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm so glad to hear the good news about your dog. Sweet thing. I hope she's feeling better soon and that you get a good report from the pathologist.

We love sunflowers! You got great shots :)

Meggymay said...

It is a fantastic page on your journal, I love the autumn colour tones you are using and I am pleased to see you gave your found relative a seat when she came to call. Thank you for all the support you are giving the theme this month.
Good news about your dog's surgery, I hope the results will be good as well.
Yvonne xx

kathyinozarks said...

oh I love love those flowers-nice art too
hugs Kathy

nanskidrewski said...

Great fall colors on your page! Gorgeous sunflowers!

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, your calender page is fabulous! I love all the contrasting patterns, they works beautifully together 😀. Those sunflowers look amazing too and I was lucky enough to receive some in a flower bouquet recently, I think they are such cheery flowers 😁. Wishing you a Happy Friday! J 😊

Words and Pictures said...

Love how you've perched her on that huge chair - clever stuff... and the sunflowers look glorious!
Alison x

Jeanie said...

Wonderful sunflowers and now that I'm reading backwards I'm getting more dog story. So glad it was a happy ending! (That's the good thing about reading the back of the book first!)