Monday, August 24, 2009

Back to school







Not much of a back to school post in the photo department, but today was Katie's first day of her senior year in high school. I can't believe my baby is in the 12th grade and will graduate next Memorial Day weekend. Wow. I went into work to start setting up my classroom since I don't go back until next Monday- was almost done getting books organized and the fire alarm went off so I packed up and left since I'd been there for awhile by that point and I needed lunch. Tomorrow I'm not going in but will go back on Wednesday to finish up and meet with my intern, and then I'm staying away until Monday because once it all begins on Monday-it goes on until next summer. But don't take me wrong, I love my job most of the time and it was excellent to see people today because a lot of my department was in working.
So the photos are some more shots from Chinatown in San Francisco-one thing I loved were the very Asian stores that we don't exactly have here in NH, like the Chinese medicine shops and the markets with their outdoor stalls with exotic ingredients-we do have Asian markets here that sell exotic items but they're not the same as city shops with their bins on the sidewalk. Chinatown felt like being in a far far away land. Got to love that.

No comments: