Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Aloha

So people at school at pretty crabby about some new policies put into place this fall...all to do with who gets what for recertification hours and evalution time. I'm pretty crabby about it too, since it's just busy work that me away from what I want to do, which is to be in the classroom with the kids. I think the big paycheck drawers are trying to justify their jobs...or we're all being punished for the stupidity of a few...but that's how work has been this week.
Thanks goodness we're half way through.
I have been counting the minutes while sitting in afterschool meetings to when I can come home and play in the studio.
I have started to make Halloween cards-my goal, as I said before, is to make 31 cards. Katie will get most of them at school. I'll start posting them on October 1, so you'll just have to wait a bit. Got 6 made though...that's a good start on my way.
So I would LOVE to have Hawaii in my sights right now (I WISH!!!!)...and I don't know about this card...I made the pink background while practicing one of my techniques-stamping with Versamark on glossy paper and then using chalk ink. I added some paper tape, and then I punched a bunch of scalloped circles out of the same paper as the backrgound. I stamped the word aloha several times on each circle, and then stamped the flower (Hero Arts) and colored in the petals with a white pen and added a pink center. I attached those and then die cut 2 ovals, one white and one yellow. They got layered on the card. I stamped the letters (Autumn Leaves) onto the yellow oval and colored it in with the same pink I used in the flowers. Finally, I added a BUNCH of little yellow Prima flowers and gave them blue centers of Ranger Dimensional Pearls. It's like a garden on overload! But still kind of fun.
So have a good Wednesday...


No comments: