Thursday, February 11, 2016

Mozart

Today I have another journal page for Art Journal Journey. This month's theme is "If music is the food of love. then play on".
I have to laugh because I had this post pre-written and scheduled to post and low and behold, when I saw Valerie's blog and her handsome Beethoven face. And although my post is about Mozart, and I didn't draw anything except the hearts on this page, I guess we were on the same general wavelength. when we created our composer pages and decided to post today.
I started with a Gelli print and some hand made hearts. I stamped some music, added a sketch from an old opera book that was in a section on the Marriage of Figaro, and also added the red paper tape. Then I used pinking style scissors to cut the edges and mounted the page onto some black paper to make the border. Finally I added those little plastic hearts.
Thursday already. We're past hump day and the weekend will be here soon, but I have a long day (plus parent's open house tonight) at work to get through first, but I will!
And that's all for me. My long day needs to get started. :)

Thanks for coming by and visiting today. 

6 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Yes, I smiled as soon as I saw your title - great minds think alike! Your page is warm and happy and fits well to Mozart's gay music. Thanks for joining us again at Art Journal Journey, have a LOVELY day, hugs, Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

When I saw your post title, I immediately thought of Valerie's post. We find inspiration in the best places, don't we?

As usual, I am in AWE of your beautiful gelli background. It is the perfect addition to this heart inspired spread. Several years ago I was lucky enough to get expensive magazines free for a year, just for testing them. One of the magazines was called Antiques and the other was Opera. Your image brought back wonderful memories of those free color slicks that they no longer offer free.

Great post, beautiful spread, and wonderful memories the images from the artwork conjured up.

froebelsternchen said...

Great minds think alike - lol!
A beautiful page Erika.. that looks so happy - I love Mozart and I love your wonderful page!
Yes the days flew by again... almost Friday !
Hope your long day at work flies by as well!

Thanks a lot for another eyecatcher for our collection at Art Journal Joureny!
oxo
Susi

Teresa Arsenault said...

Gorgeous art page, Erika. Thanks for the nice comments on my blog.
hugs,
Teresa

Blogoratti said...

Splendid choice of elements for the theme. It is the season of love after all. Warm greetings!

hazel said...

A fantastic page, the background and colours are fabulous.
xxx Hazel.