Wednesday, March 9, 2016

I'd Hate to Run Into Him In The Woods

Here's my latest journal page for Art Journal Journey. This month's theme is "Into the Woods'" hosted by Chris at Pear Shaped Crafting.
I was in a box of rubber stamps and saw my Big Foot/ Sasquatch stamp and decided that was perfect to use for this challenge. The stamp is made by Earth Art International in their animal spirits category, which I do NOT represent. I stamped the image, painted and colored it and then cut it out.
I added it to my Gelli Printed background, on which I painted these trees, stamped the stars, colored in the stones along the bottom of the page, stamped the quote and added my hand cut moon.
I kind of have a fascination with Big Foot/Sasquatch. No, I am not going to go into the woods to find one, if they even exist.
But whoever carved this giant statue might be a little obsessed. We saw this a few summers ago when we took a family vacation to Washington and Oregon.  We actually saw quite a few Sasquatch related items out there, but no wild creatures.
But you can see why people might believe there were big man like creatures in those forests.
And maybe there really are Sasquatch in those woods?
Thanks for stopping by to visit.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha. One of the fellows who worked on our barn listened to a podcast all about your big fella there. Unexplained abuductions of people and the like. I think there are alot of folks who are fascinated. Like an American version of a Grimm's fairy tale. Wonderful rendering of "Sasquatch". xox

Nancy Chan said...

I really wonder whether there is a Big Foot our there but I wouldn't want to run into him in the woods either.

Rike said...

Who knows, which folks live in the woods? But yes, I too don't want to meet them!
Fascinating picture you made!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Well Erika, I'm a scientist and, as such, you have to show me. I'll believe it when I see it. I believe I like your big guy painting/stamping in the woods, though!

Valerie-Jael said...

Fantastic journal page, thanks so much for joining us again at AJJ, and love those photos. Hugs, Valerie

Jutta.K. said...

Thank you for the compliment to my contribution
Your editing is also very appealing, an exciting scene.
Greetings from Germany

froebelsternchen said...

Oh no.. I don't hope to see a big foot in our woods -
love your page and the photos!
You never cease to amaze me with your ideas and inspirational posts !
Happy evening!
Hope your week went well so far!
oxo
Susi

Lisca said...

I had never heard of the Sasquatch, but then most countries have their legends and giants and monsters etc.
Your photos are beautiful. Where is that? Those woods? Would that be in Canada? There is a state called something like that... Stunning scenery!
Sorry I´m late. I had my new computer today and I have been fiddling about with that but now I have everything going. (I am typing this on my new keyboard). I still have to sort out the printer and some speakers, but the system works!
Have a great week and thanks for visiting me earlier.
Lisca

Pawsitively Creative said...

Haha! Awesome Sasquatch, both in the journal and the wood carving. I can't imagine how long that took to create! What a great idea for a journal page and so fun! ~Niki

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wonderful Erika! I seem to remember either film or series about Big Foot! Your big fella actually looks cute and harmless but I still don't think I would want him surprising me! The statue looks terrifying - I bet kids love him!!! Thank you for joining in and for sharing your forest photos too! Hugs, Chrisx