Wednesday, March 23, 2016

What's That Noise In The Woods

Here's another journal piece for Art Journal Journey. This month Chris is hosting and the theme is "Don't go into the woods".
I am also linking up to Try It on Tuesday with the theme of nature.

 I had these couple of deer die cuts that I colored with Copics. The look on the big buck made me think he looked a little bit skittish, so I decided to paint in the owl in the tree hooting.  That would be enough to make a skittish animal look around. Actually the faces on those 2 deer make me smile because I like how it gives them all these playful silly expressions.
And I want to send my thoughts to the people of Brussels and Belgium. It is a sad sad world we live in when these acts happen with such frequency or happen at all.
That's all for today my friends. Lots to do at work  and the early morning is slipping by too fast. I'm glad you stopped by to visit.




10 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your journal page, thanks for linking to us at TIOT and AJJ. Sorry to hear your weather is so bad, here it's cold, wet and windy....Have a fun day, hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

Oh my gosh! What a L*O*V*E*L*Y* page is that???!!! AMAZING!
Thank you for joining AJJ and TIOT another time ... you are on a roll again! Just super!

oxo Susi
Hope your day goes well -
sad news - very sad news indeed!

Halle said...

Those are cute little deer for AJJ.
Happy T day too!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your trees reminded me of Van Gogh and his distinctive brush strokes. This is a wonderful piece and captures both the AJJ entry and TioT, too. It's such a great nature inspired entry.

BTW, the museum you asked about is in your "neck of the woods." It is part of the Smithsonian Museums and is located in Washington D.C. Thanks for asking, because I think I should add that to my entry.

chrissie said...

Beautiful trees. Thank you for joining in at try it on Tuesday

Love Chrissie xx

Unknown said...

Great piece! Love the trees - so much texture and character. The deer look like they are indeed oh high alert. You have captured a feeling. hugs, Donna

Beo said...

Thats really sweet! A wonderful in-the-wood-picture!!

Meggymay said...

I love your fantastic woodland journal page, the deer are for sure listening, perhaps to the owl. Thank you for sharing it with us over at TioT's as well.
Yvonne

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh I do loVe this!! The deer have such wonderful expressions so that owl must have been very loud….or maybe he had flown right I front of their faces, as once happened to me as a teenager when I passed an old churchyard…I ran all the way home!! A truly lovely entry for AJJ! Hugs, Chrisx

Mrs.B said...

Fabulous woodland page Erika, love the little owl in the tree.
Thanks for sharing with us at TioT.
Avril xx