Saturday, April 7, 2007

Easter weekend

Power is back on as of yesterday sometime during the day (while we were all at work and school). Seems like when we lose it we lose it- off for 1 1/2 days. Thursday we got a foot of new snow- though its chilly it is going down fairly fast. So much for doing more raking this weekend.
Been spending too much money lately- had to lend myself some for my car payment today. Wish a little banking fairy would drop some cash into my checking account. Is my own fault- have been so good all winter needed a little spending to bring on spring. Time to put the breaks on again.
Think I should look into a second job this summer when school is out. Think I need shopping therapy- not to go shopping but to not go shopping again-ever.
Easter weekend. Not doing much- which is ok- the rest of my foam mounting material arrived yesterday so I should now be able to finish mounting my rubber stamps- am enjoying having them mounted and will be good to get them off the floor (my workspace) before Leo bites holes into the unmounted rubber- seems he likes rubber stamps too. Is like getting a whole bunch of new toys. Also Dave is working for the 13th or 14th day in a row, and tomorrow I think we will chill and watch movies that the Easter Bunny is bringing- one reason there's not much cash left in my checking account.
Have this hyacinth in my kitchen which is making my whole house smell like a garden. Strong...like it -seems like the garden has come inside.
Last night we went to the Monarch's hockey game in Manchester with some people from Dave's office. Was a fun night out- Katie came too, so it was nice to do something as a family. Dave took us to Fratello's for dinner first- had one of their yummy pizza's (Margarhita-spelling?) MMMM. The game was good too- though not really a Monarch's fan per se.
Oh by the way- Maine lost to Michigan State in the semi-finals. But BC beat North Dakota- may watch the game tonight just in hopes a Hockey East time can take it!!! BC is on such a role they well could. Too bad about Maine though.We still love our Black Bears.
Of course the game was funny in itself on Thursday since we had no power-figures- and I'm actually home as Katie and I both had snow days. So we go to my mother-in-law Barbara's house who had power- and she laughed at my shirt- and then I actually couldn't even make it to her house- got stuck 3/4 of a mile in (out of a mile) and she had to come an rescue us further back down the road- which was just a big mud/snow/pothole mess.
Oh well, luckily could get a quick shower and she made us dinner- which wouldn't happen at home with no power- came home at 8:30 to find Dave asleep on the couch and the house still black.
But power is back! (Worse part of Thursday- I'm home but my crafting was limited as it was dark in the corner where my table is- did a bit on the ironing board where the sun was coming in- but that's working on a wobbly table...
Happy easter- hope its spring like in the rest of the world.

No comments: