Friday, June 1, 2007

Good intentions

Had some time at school whole the kids did computer work today, so I decided to come up with some lists for the summer. I love writing lists, not that I do everything on them- and sometimes I don't even make any headway into the list. But these summer lists- they give me ideas to contemplate and a place to jar some life into the occasional blank brain. Here's my lists:


  • 1) Books I would like to and may even read.

  • 2) Books I have started reading and would like to and may even finish.

  • 3) "House work" I would like to and may even do.

  • 4) Movies I would like to and may even rent and watch.

  • 5) Road trip adventures I would like to and may even take.

  • 6) Summer activities I would like to and may even actually do.

  • 7) Art projects I may play with, and would like to even finish- like a few of those scrap books.



Now some of these lists are quite long, but I will give you the short forms, the must try to do, the list I can look back to to get started on my lists:


1) books to read: Flushed, The Hot Zone, re-read Great Expectations




2) books to finish- see under my night stand and on the windowsill next to my bed




3) "house work"- my bed quilt to finish, touch out paint in my bedroom, clean the cabinet under the living room bookshelf, stain the decks, clean out the freezer
(why is that list so long?)




4)Movie to watch- some of those foreing films (can never spell that word), some of those artsy films all which have names that escape me




5)Road trips- this is a LONG list but the top ones I would like to do- A duck tour of Boston, the Isabella Stewart Garnider Museum, Rubber Stamps of America, etc., etc.



6) Summer activites- Kayak more than 2x, go to east of Suez to eat, spend lots of beach time




7) art projects- get back into knitting, do some fun cloth books, make bags and cards to sell, catch up on some scrapping, make supplies like dyed fabric, soldered tags, etc.




Check with me at the end of August to see how many got done and to see how crazy I got at the end of the summer trying to do some of the things on those lists.

No comments: