Thursday, September 10, 2009

Blessed


Some days you realize how lucky you are. Its something small, not something big-that even that usually brings on this knowledge and this realization. You say, my life has been good to me, really, and what I think I need is not what I need. Had a moment like that today, when a woman in the dentist's waiting room (as I waited for Katie) got talking about her breast cancer and then pulled off what I thought was her gorgeous red hair to show how bald she was from chemo. And she was waiting while her daughter- many years younger than Katie, was getting her teeth cleaned. That reminded me of how lucky I am, how good my life has been and hopefully will continue to be. And when you discover this (whether its your first discovery or your millionth) it gives you this sense of being able to just stand tall and do for others and forget about yourself a bit. All because you have been blessed when you might have felt a little bit over looked or forgotten or not really as lucky as you realize you are.

No comments: