Thursday, March 24, 2011

Light and Airy

It's Wednesday night...one of those nights where I had good intentions but instead took a LONG nap and now only want to crash on the couch and watch tv...eat popcorn for dinner...I think its the late winter blahs...snow on the ground and just keep watching slowly melt...too slowly after Monday's 5 inches of snow rewhitened what had melted...frustration to say the least. Work has just been busy too...this week is one of those super busy almost overwhleming weeks. Last night I motivated myself to do a few things...but tonight...it is NOT happening. I can tell you that.
So instead. I will blog and post this card  made a couple of Saturdays ago.
I started with  a piece of white card stock and some watercolor markers. I colored the flowers (Hero Arts) and with a light spritz of water I stamped them. This technique has been all over some blogs lately- and its a great way to make a nice watercolor look. You can do the same thing with watercolor pencils or watercolor paints. Glad to see its making a comeback. On a seperate sheet of paper I stamped the woman (Oxford Impressions)  and  I used some very light toned Copics to add a bit of color to it.
Then I layered a  piece of textured paper, and put my beautiful woman down and added a few dragonflies (Hero Arts) and a round word (Hero Arts). And I added a saying veritcally (PostModern Designs). I really like this card, its light and airy and the I love the colors...wish my world were these colors right now...not brown and mud and dirty white and grey skies....
Anyhow, hope your Thursday is great.

No comments: