Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Patrick's Day

I'm not Irish, but living around so many Irish Americans and having been lucky enough to travel to Ireland, I kind of get into St. Patrick's Day. Its more of a spring ritual to me than an Irish ritual to me...though I know how St. Patrick brought Christianity to Ireland. Anyhow, I haven't shown you this card, but they're dancing up a jig. First I punched out a large circle and stenciled some shamrocks with green ink onto it. Then I stamped the dancers and colored them with Copics. The dancers are from a set by Tweety Jill. Then I added some musical notes and the hearts and the saying. The saying is also from Tweey Jill. I stenciled shamrocks onto a green card, attached my punched out and decorated circle and then outlined the circle with a black Sharpie. I also added some small loops off the edge of the card which I colored white with a white gel pen. And the whole circle got lightly dusted with some pale green ink. Finally I added a punched out shamrock and decorated it with some green Stickles.
Just enough to say Top of the Morning to Ya!
And to finish off St. Patty's day, just a couple more shots from Ireland back in 2007 when we went.
Enjoy!

No comments: