Sunday, August 28, 2011

Irene

Posting this Sunday but writing it Saturday night as I am NOT sure whether we'll have power Sunday...not sure what this storm will be- a big wet blow or a big bust? Plus I am watching a DR Who mini-marathon before the new shows start again tonight at 9. Can't wait.
Spent my Saturday running around-LOL-here's a card for that kind of day. Not that I've done much art this past week-I did finish scrapping some OLD Grand Canyon photos from 6 years ago in a travel journal, but this past week was more cleaning, moving things, getting cleaned up for the storm. Yesterday we moved Katie off to school, and I'm both happy and sad about it. I MISS her terribly, but I want her to go to school and have fun and work hard and get an education. I took some moving photos but as usual for me, they're not yet on the computer.
At least Saturday night we had a new DR. WHO and a marathon of the earlier season shows on BBC America...you know what I did when I was being a couch potato after doing all my running around!
So this card...
White cardstock covered with this great old sneaker stamp by Stamp in the Hand. Stamped in both wine colored ink and black ink. Then I added some 7Gypsies paper tape.
I stamped the Converse in a Box stamp (Postmodern Design) on white-stamped in red and then I colored the background this lovely torquoise. Add. Stamp the saying (Stampotique). Add the off white writing which is a scrap from a piece of October Afternon Seaside paper. Stamped the star word (already in a box by Stampotique) and made my own ALL word in a box. To go with the Converse brand of show-do they still make their All Stars? Finally, some red Ranger Dimensional Pearl dots and the corners rounded. AND baby, you have a CARD! 
Anyhow, hope you are safe and dry and maybe even enjoying some sunshine.
Think of me home in the storm-HOPEFULLY with power and crafting up in my studio...
I will let you know later.



No comments: