Sunday, August 21, 2011

Sizzix Embossing Folders



I know, the top photo isn't centered!!!!!!!
The I know there's 2 of these, but I've lightened the bottom one a bit so the colors are more true to life.
But look at how much better it looks in large format compared to when I make the photo smaller. I actually left the dark wood background because it makes the cards color pop at little bit more.
Interesting I think!

So I was playing around with inking my embossing plates to get some colored designs. I'm not sure these cards  look like me, but sometimes you need something a little more subdued and traditional. I actually like the bottom card beter than the top card, what do you think? Maybe I should figure out a way to add a little bling to zip them up.
So for the top card I took white cardstock and an embossing folder. I inked the flat side of the folder, the side that doesn't make the embossed image, in green. When I ran the paper through the Big Kick  it came out with the embossed image staying white and the other area inked green. Cool. I cut out the embossed image and attached it on this peach colored cardstock-though it looks kind of washed out tan. Anyhow, Istamped a few little daiseys and colored them and then I punched out some bright checked flowers because I felt this card needed color (and not sure these blossoms really do that). I put the bright side down and then flipped the middle section on so you the see the white back of the paper and then for the center I added a fuzzy peach colored brad-which is actually more like the color of the paper. Then of course, I added the saying.
For the bottom card I used a light coco colored cardstock. This time I embossed the image on white paper but flipped the embossing folder so the debossed parts came out green. Think of it as using the embossed image flipped over so the green leaves are actually indented and the brown center is actually higher then the green zig-zaggy border of the oval. Then I ran a brown ink pad over the cut out embossed image. This card was super easy. I attached the image and then added some assorted Prima flowers inclusing one made of felt which does give this card much more texture than the top card. Then I added the words-the big Smile by Hero Arts and the some words by Technique Tuesday.

Went to Barnes and Nobel today and brought the latest issue of Craft Stamper (Aug. since we're always behind the British dates here) and I saw a couple of techniques I want to try this week before I got back to school. EEKS!  Did I say back to school? I did. We had gone boating and almost beached the boat so we pulled out to flush out the engine before we ended up with a BIG repair bill. I really wanted to get another Louise Penny mystery novel- particulary the one that was published before Bury Your Dead-it's a fantastic book (BYD) but now I must read the novel with the crime they keep refering which happened a book earlier-guess that is what happens when you start reading a series well into the series and skip the first several books.
Anyhow...I know this is double post for today, Sunday, but this will be the post for tomorrow too! I've got to finish my bookshelf fixing tomorrow (their just metal cubes connected not real book shelves, and I noticed they were leaning forward, ready to fall, so I've had to unload and tie-wrap them together and readjust the connectors) since I want them done veore I go back to that place of my employment and since I now have books all over my studio where the bookshelves are located...
Have a fantastic day!


No comments: