Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day

                                                                                                                                             
Happy Valentine's Day!
Here's a journal page I've worked on in several sittings lately. Think its quite appropriate for today.
I started with the flowers- they were made using a Dylusions stencil with spray ink and then using some Dylusion's spray ink inside a water brush and filling in the flowers.  Then some red spray ink, some white painted hearts using the new Tim Holtz heart stencil and some green paint with a Crafter's Workshop stencil. Then I used some high gloss medium and a Crafter's Workshop stencil. Once dry, I took some red acrylic paint and painted this big old heart.
Seems like a lot of layering but I love the look of this page.  Lots of color and texture and depth.
I finished the page off with just a bit of doodling and the French saying, not much I know, but I like this page just the way it is.
So yesterday I was home with a snow day, must say I loved it!!!
Even if it did snow.
And blow!
(It got a lot worse late afternoon and last night! An official Nor-easter!)
I played for a long time in the studio-
and it really got me thinking-
I would love to stay home and do this all the time.
Try it-give myself a chance to be an artist.
Well I am an artist but have a career as an artist.
To see how successful I would be.
Anyhow, that's another conversation for another day.
Back to the present-
2 hour delay this morning- went out and shoveled the deck- man, it was heavy snow!
Any plans for this day of love?


3 comments:

Tracy said...

Sometimes simple is exactly what's needed. Love this page :)

SCarol said...

Beautiful page with great texture and vibrant colours.

SandeeNC said...

I love all the layers of inks on your journal page, I think they add a lot of depth to it! Lovely snowy pictures, ours is melting fast! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥