Friday, August 8, 2014

Not Friday Already

Can't believe another week is winding down. Guess my busy week has just made it fly right by. Ha-ha!  I've been hanging out here in New Hampshire enjoying one of these with some friends as we dodged thunderstorms. Boy have we had a lot of thunderstorms lately.
I finally finished reading Outlander and one of those Stephanie Plum novels. Man, they make me laugh. I enjoyed Outlander too and will definitely be reading the next book in the series.

Then I made a good stab at this book. Another fun light reading, I am hoping there will be a little time today to finish it up.
I also finished cleaning out my bookshelves in the spare room which I use as my happy place art studio. Here's the part of the shelves under the eaves of the house but there's a whole wall set of shelves just to the left of this-you might be able to just make them out on the far left of the photo.
I cleaned out so many books, if you can believe it! And I moved all my inks and tapes and jars of texture products over there too.  Now I should be able to find things rather than having sprays in one spot and paints in another and tape in another.
Yahoo-that was a BIG job and I am SOOOO happy to have it done. It was the one major project on my summer to do list.
It was such a nice week. Just enough business and enough play time. I also did some sketching and some gardening and went to see that movie Lucy- which I didn't think was very good.
AND
I did a bunch of journaling.
So much Fun!
This page started with me making a bunch of paint streaks. I was actually going through a bin of craft paints trying to see which ones were hard as rocks and which ones were still usable. I did that this week too. But why waste paper? So I sprayed over it and used the page as a journal page. I cut up an inked and embossed image I had and then added all those purple embossed hearts to the page. I'm thrilled with the border.It may  not be anything wildly unusual but I really like how it came out.
And silly me had to make a page with a sasquatch. A little bit of my recent summer trip to put into my journal. Love how the moon and the night sky came out. If proportions are right then this bigfoot is more like 30 feet tall rather than 8 feet tall. But its ok since anything goes in your journal. Still puts a big smile on my face.
That's all for me today. Hope you stop back again soon and let me know what you think of my journal pages.




12 comments:

sheila 77 said...

Both pages are terrific. I had to google "sasquatch" and now I know.
I really like your hearts page and the story of how it came about, and on the second the trees and sky are wonderful as is Mr. Sasquatch.
Yes, I love Stephanie Plum books too, they're such good fun.
Sounds like you had a great week.

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I love books and art, so I'm fascinated by the book and paint corner you've created. I also love your whimsical Sasquatch mixed media journal page. Happy PPF and Blessings!

Faye said...

Erika, I love the post. I especially got a huge chuckle from your beautiful Sasquatch art. So creative. Your trees are gorgeous.

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely artwork. I love Stephanie Plum's exploits too, they are always a fun read. Valerie

Netty said...

sounds a great week Erika and love the artwork. Happy PPF, Annette x

http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

Deepa Gopal said...

Both journal pages look great & fun! The moon looks fab to me :)
Deepa
http://deepazworld.blogspot.in/

Giggles said...

Wonderful pages...I coming over for the drinks though...lol I finally weeded through my books when we put hardwood floors in...but I still have a full cabinet... I have yet to be able to tear up a book for artwork either....but I'm going to remedy that one day! Thanks for sharing!

Hugs Giggles

Beth Niquette said...

Getting organized is such a wonderful thing to do! Congratulations! My craft room is in shambles. (sigh) Lovely artwork, too. :D

DVArtist said...

Ohhh yeah I will take a sip of that margarita. LOL I also think your Sasquatch is just they way they would look if we could really find one.
Nicole/Beadwright

Annette P.-L. said...

Both pages are beautiful! Especially I like the second one!

froebelsternchen said...

terrific pages are this!
xxx
Susi from
ART-JOURNAL-JOURNEY-CHALLENGE

BackHomeArt said...

good for you for getting organized! it's so hard sometimes! love the journal pages too, fun art :)

katie