Sunday, January 31, 2016

A Beautiful Sunset

 Happy last day of January everyone. I can't believe how fast this month went, but then again, time does fly so I guess I am kind of crazy to think January wouldn't fly either.
So yesterday was  fun day out for me. The hubby and I met when were in college and had a small group of really close friends.Sadly, most of the group had faded off into the sunset (yes a cliche but it fit my photo so nicely I had to use it) and went on with their own lives, as we did also, but then 2016 came around it seems like all of a sudden everyone started popping back into our lives.
So yesterday we went to Portsmouth to meet one of our friends who was even the best man at my husband's and my wedding. And he only lives an hour away from us, which is pretty good considering where he could be located. You would think being only an hour away we would have found each other sooner, but that doesn't matter now that we have made contact again.  So the 3 of us met in Portsmouth (New Hampshire)  and had a 3 1/2 hour, 2 margarita lunch.
My kind of lunch! 
Plus is was great catching up and we decided we need to stay better in touch. 2016 might be my year for keeping in touch. 
So after lunch the hubby and I decided to drive up to York Beach in York, Maine and take the dogs for an end of the day stroll on the beach. The tide was in so the beach wasn't that big but big enough for a stroll. Afterwards I convinced the hubby  to drive out to Nubble Light (hardly anything of a drive) and the sunset was gorgeous. I didn't bring my big camera so these are shot on my phone.
 Here's the actual shot which I enhanced for the first photo. 
 And a few more shots.

 The setting sun made great lighting for Nubble Light itself. The lighthouse is on a little island right off the shore.
 I would have stayed until the sun was fully down but the hubby was cold and the dogs needed their dinners so we only stayed a little while.
The sunset didn't end very quickly either. Even after we left the beach and headed home, I got this shot from the front seat of the car as we drove over the route 95 bridge between Maine and New Hampshire. 
Now today we haven't seen any sun yet, but we are suppose to be warming up for at least the first part of the week. Crazy winter we are having this year, but since it is still winter (although I think some of us-meaning me- are forgetting that-) I think I will be in shock when the first BIG snowfall actually comes.
And I know some of you are getting dumped on with blizzards or having daffodils blooming a few months too early.
Oh well, I have chatted enough for one day. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend and can enjoy what is left to it!

7 comments:

Karla B said...

What a magical place.I can feel the good vibes.It is strange but people come and go in our lives. However, true friends remain forver. No matter how distant you are. Have an inspiring week, Erika!

Divers and Sundry said...

That _is_ a beautiful sunset!

Rhapsody Phoenix said...

jBlessings....
Love the sunset shots
Life is like that, people get caught up maneuvering their lives and things and people fall to the way side. It is only where things even out that re-connection happens.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Simply incredible sunset shots. And of course, I was impressed that your camera was able to get the signs on the bridge, because I know how hard it is to get photos as you are speeding along in a car. I certainly like the beauty of the landscape around you. Nothing like that here in flat Kansas.

Friday Wichita had a record high of 71F. Just saw the news and it looks like the snow and ice line has moved even FURTHER north than it was even this morning. What went from a projected wintry mix on Saturday to rain this morning, to high winds and a slight chance of rain tonight as the prediction for Tuesday, it looks like this current round of snow and ice are not going to affect us. I hope the same is true for you. Regardless, stay safe and warm.

Valerie-Jael said...

What a magical sunset. LOVE those photos. Glad you had a great day out and were able to meet up with old friends, hope the new month will be a good one for you. Hugs, Valerie

Anonymous said...

Great shots. Sounds like a perfect afternoon. Nice to see old friends and feel like you can keep in touch now. xox

froebelsternchen said...

This sunsets are spectacular! Wonderful photos Erika!