Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Summer Arrives

Happy Wednesday everyone. We've finally started getting more summer like weather here in New Hampshire after a few weeks of cool and cloudy days. I'm ready, maybe not for summer heat but definitely for some more of this nice weather. :)
Here's a page I made back before surgery to celebrate this return to sunshine and warmth.

I am going to link up to Gill's fabulous challenge at Art Journal Journey, Elegance and Grunge. I think my tropical page is a bit more grunge than elegance. 
I was excited to get into my happy place yesterday for a couple of short play sessions.  I'm excited to have a little more arty time today too. The hubby and I are home all day with no appointments or places  we need to be so I am looking forward to a nice quiet day. We can't go anyplace because neither of us can drive yet. The hubby needs some rest. He's recovering well but he's got the all the immuno-suppression drugs to deal with too. Its a whole second level on top of just surgery healing.
Not much else exciting in my world. Reading, trying to do a few small things to feel normal, and taking lots of naps. I rather like the nap part. :)
Have a great day! 





14 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Art, naps, and sweet dreams - have fun. Love the page you made. Have fun in your craft room, but don't overdo things. Enjoy the good weather, and look after yourselves. All the best to you both, hugs, Valerie

JFM said...

Your art page is fabulous!!! Love everything about it 💜
Hope you and hubby both are feeling better soon💮

CJ Kennedy said...

Wonderful summery page. Just how I'm feeling today. Bring on the hazy, hot, humid weather. You don't have to shovel humidity. Glad you are feeling better and hubby is doing well, too. Happy Creating!

froebelsternchen said...

I love your page - and it is not grungy in my mind -- it's more elegance!
Love that painting .. the JOY of Sun and Summer - most beautiful done! A lovely idea with the parrot sticker! Cool!
Yes we got some heat today and for tomorrow they forecasted even more heat - NICE ..really nice after all those grey and cold and wet days!
I think New Hampshire and my Waldviertel here is quite the same weather level - at least the most time of the year.
Great to hear you both make such progress after the surgery- I really can imagine that your hubby has to deal with a lot of drugs extra. I am thinking of the both of you! ♥♥♥
Take good care of yourselves!
Thank you dear Erika for such a fantastic happy painting linked to Gill's theme!
Best wishes
Susi

sheila 77 said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Erika, it absolutely shouts Summer with the lovely palm tree and these great colours. I like the way you have painted the trunk and leaves.
Have a good time at home, recovering, both of you, with nice quiet days.

Roberta Warshaw said...

Naps. Rule.

Meggymay said...

Its a wonderful page Erika so bright and warming to look at.
Glad you got into your happy place, don't overdo things and stay safe. It was good to read you are both doing okay.
Yvonne xx

Jeanie said...

I'm glad you were able to get in some art time. I know what you mean about not driving. I couldn't either and it was so nice to be home and not expected to be anywhere else! Just lay low. You talk about major and minor surgery -- yours is seriously major with lots of body disruption. Take it easy!

Rita said...

I hope you both heal well and quickly. :)

Gibby Frogett said...

Woo hoo - I love this - this is fabulous Erika!
Beautiful grungy b/g and I love your tree especially :)
Thanks so much for joining in again at AJJ and (as always) for the lovely comments you have left me too.
Pleased to hear you and your hubby are doing well and that you are able to play a little too :)
Hope you have a lovely day..Gill x

Sandy said...

So very attractive - I do hope you and your husband are recuperating nicely!!
Sandy xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Lovely page, those flamingos strutting their stuff and the two cute birds sitting in the palm tree are fabulous! Hope the warm weather continues for you too. Glad to hear that you and your hubby are recovering well and taking time to rest and relax - sleeping is sometimes the best medicine! Thinking of you both and wishing you well! J :-)

Lowcarb team member said...

I hope you both heal well, sending my good wishes.
Love the colours in your artwork ... beautiful.

All the best Jan

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Personally, I find this AJJ entry really elegant. I hope by now the drugs are working well and both you and your husband are feeling much better. So glad you have the time to rest, relax, make a bit of art, and enjoy your time together. Naps are definitely good.