Friday, July 12, 2019

Enchanted Highway Part 2

Hi everyone. This is a pre-post since I am off to Boston and my very last kidney donor check up appointment. For me at least, I can put that chapter of life behind me after today's appointment.
I guess it will never be quite fully behind me unless I get rid of my husband, (smile), which I am not planning on doing. At least most of the time. (Smile).
So today more photos from the Enchanted Highway. If you missed yesterday's post, you can see the first photos of these amazing statues.
I don't know why I didn't get a front view photo of these grasshoppers. But I was totally taken by the big metal grass stalks.
And this one below is my favorite. Its called Fisherman's Dream.

This first view may not be much but look at this little guy in the boat below.


This statue was so large I couldn't get it all into the frame on my photo, even with a wide angle lens. And I wish I had something to show you how tall this was, but sorry. I don't.
Isn't the whimsy in these statues fun?
And then there was another fun one called pheasants.



And yes, compared to where I live it is so flat here. (Elizabeth this is to answer your comment.) On my daily walk, I have hills. In fact my fitbit tells me I have done 37 flights of steps at the end of my walk. And I have a 3000+ foot mountain about 20  minutes away from me. I know that is not a really tall mountain, but compared to North and South Dakota, where I live is really hilly. Plus New England is loaded with trees, so the open land in the Dakotas really gives you a long distance view that we don't have in my world either.
Yet even though it is different than New England, this "flat" land  is still really beautiful. That's the good thing about traveling  and seeing how amazing the world is in different places.
OK, that's enough chatting for me today.  Have  a great start to your weekend.


17 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

Wow - extraordinary outdoor art... these are just amazing. Thanks so much for sharing your journey along the Enchanted Highway... I'm off to check out the other post too. Hope all is going/went well in Boston.
Alison x

Anne (cornucopia) said...

More great photos of the enchanted highway. I was fascinated by the grass statues, too. I like the colorful fish statues. It might be flat there, but it is beautifully green. And lovely blue skies. I like how you compared how the land looks to where you live in NH. I hadn't given it much thought before, but you made a good point: here in New England (well, most of it), there are many trees, so you can't see too far into the distance. Elizabeth told me her trees are called telephone polls, which made me laugh. And you are also right: there are many beautiful places on this planet, with differing landscapes.

Anne (cornucopia) said...

P.S. I meant to also say I hope your appointment goes well.

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, isn't this spectacular! I so enjoyed looking at all the amazing artwork with you, thanks for sharing 😁. Wishing you a happy Friday and Weekend! Hugs, Jo x

CJ Kennedy said...

These sculptures are so delightful! Too bad too big for the Zensical garden. Wouldn't they be awesome? And I'm sure my neighbors would complain :-D Stay dry. Awesome weather for the weekend.

CJ Kennedy said...

Oh, and if you can get to the MFA today after your appointment, admission is Free as part of the Free Fun Friday series. 10 am - 10 PM

Valerie-Jael said...

I am in love with this wonderful enchanted highway, it's so fantastic. Pity I can't get there on the tram from here! I live in the flat lands of the lower Rhine, no hills in sight. But I have to run up and down lots of stairs each day. Good luck with your examination in Boston! Hugs, Valerie

Cath Wilson said...

Wow, wow and WOW! These are just amazing, Erika. Had a quick look at those below, too - what a fantastic sight - and achievement. Everything's definitely bigger over there, ROFL
Cath x

Divers and Sundry said...

Those huge sculptures are striking! I'm continuing to be impressed by the ones who came up with this idea to draw people in. It would definitely work with me. Photo Heaven!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm confident your final check-up will be perfect. I agree that I doubt you will ever get rid of your husband. I think there are too many years of love and happiness, not to mention a kidney.

WOW, those grasshoppers were amazing. I can't believe the detail put into each of these beauties.

Those fish were splendid, too. You can tell from the fence that shows on the left side of the photo how tall those sculptures are.

Oh Erika, they look exactly like pheasants. You can tell the male because of his bright colors, too. That was a fabulous exhibit.

I went back to see exactly what I wrote yesterday, but didn't see my comment, so I hope I didn't say anything offensive.

Thanks for sharing these. They are BRILLIANT!

craftytrog said...

Hope all went well in Boston Erika.
Those sculptures are really amazing, that poor guy in the boat! Hahaha
Hope you have a great weekend,
Alison xx

kathyinozarks said...

Wow these sculptures are just amazing-thank you so much for the photos how special you were able to share a kidney-hugs

Jeanie said...

I hope that the appointment went well. I love that you share this part of you with him. I suspect the road to Boston was much greener, hillier and filled with more trees than this one, but no one can deny the clever inventiveness that went into these wonderful roadside sculptures. I bet you were stopping often!

Barbara said...

I am glad you commented on my blog, had lost your url on my blog list somehow. It’s back now. The papier-mâché bird instructions are on the Internet. They have been a bit tedious to make, but I like the mess! ;) Fun like in kindergarten.
The outdoor sculptures are AMAZING, so BIG! I’m a homebody at heart, but we were in Boston last week. Our daughter and her husband have bought their first house in Ashland, a nice little town!
Bless you for being there for your husband in a way not many of us are asked to do. Wishes for many more happy years together!

Meggymay said...

Wow. amazing photos Erika. The statues must really catch the eye as you drive past them. I hope folk drive safely and don't get distracted at what they see and use the designated parking places. I think the pheasants are my favourites, we see them for real walking up our country roads as if they owned the road , many are killed if its dark or the drivers cannot avoid them.
I hope all goes well for your last check up.
Yvonne xx

Lowcarb team member said...

Truly amazing art sculptures.

All the best Jan

Stevenson Q said...

My oh My dearest Erika! I sooo love these! We don;t have such road arts as huge as these here in the Philippines and I would certainly love to see it someday! My favorite are the birds with their hollow bodies! But I have to say, as person who is scared with locusts and grasshoppers, that one looks so beautiful! I can get near to that kind HAHAHA