Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Time for Summer

 Hi again everyone. Let me start off by wishing everyone a Happy summer or Happy winter (depending on your location) since the solstice has just passed a couple of days ago.

Today we start a new challenge at Try It on Tuesday.   As it was the summer solstice for those of us in the Northern Hemisphere this past Sunday, our challenge theme is Here Comes Summer.


I used a Gelli printed background as the base of my page. I added some background stamping, as well as some washi tape, a couple of stamped images from an old beach themed set from Oxford Impressions, some stamped quotes, and a stamped and colored sun. 

I picked an ocean theme because for  many summer means a trip or several trips to the beach. Or maybe even a summer vacation/holiday stay.

We accept all types of art at Try It on Tuesday , and you have the next 2 weeks to join us. If you're looking for some great ideas, check out all the pieces from the other members of the design team too. They are some really creative ladies.

Thanks also to those of you who joined our masculine challenge also.

I'm looking forward to seeing what summer means to everyone.

I just saw on Mia's blog the Craftlandia challenge is the sea, so I am also going to link my page up there also.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. 

24 comments:

Helen said...

Gorgeous art journal spread Erika! LOVE that background for your beach theme!!! My favorite summer activity as well! ((HUGS)) Helen

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous page, Erika, I would love to go to the sea, too! Your page has a great summer holiday feeling, love it! Have a wonderful day, hugs, Valerie

CJ Kennedy said...

Your page just makes me smile. Now I want to take a trip to the beach.

Mia said...

What a great surprise, Erika! Thank you sooo much for joining Craftlandia Challenge. Your beautiful page is perfect for the challenge. As I live in sunny Greece, summer for me mean sea and sun. Kisses, my dear friend.
PS: If possible, please add a link to Craftlandia challenge.

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a gorgeous summer page! The beach is the perfect place to be at summertime and your ocean blue background and yellow shells look so amazing, the perfect backdrop for your vintage images - love it 😁. Thanks for the inspiration and wishing you a happy week! Hugs, Jo x

The Padre said...

And A Very Happy Summer To You As Well - Excellent Use Of The Shells - Stay Strong

Cheers

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Divers and Sundry said...

ooo, that happy summer sun shining down on the lovely lady with her sun umbrella! I'd join her in a heartbeat :)

R's Rue said...

So pretty.

pearshapedcrafting said...

It's a fabulous seaside page Erika! I'm looking forward to another trip by the sea - not just yet though! Those big shells really are wonderful! Hugs, Chrisx

Tammy said...

What a beautiful page Erika! Love the background and that cute sun, the sea shells are so pretty!
Hugs, Tammy

sheila 77 said...

I love your sun, she looks very glamorous with her rosy cheeks and stylised rays. Your whole page looks very summery and jolly with the shells dancing over it and the lady dressed for the sun. Nice use of washi tape too.

Lowcarb team member said...

A very nice summer page :)

All the best Jan

Manav Singhi said...

Beautiful. . . You Have a Great Day. . . :)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I especially like the shells and the vintage bathing beauty. Great summer spread, Erika.

Mrs.B said...

Fabulous page Erika, I love the happy seaside theme, love the background with the happiness comes in waves stencilling to match the sentiment and your vintage lady does look happy.
Have a great day, Avril xx

Meggymay said...

Its a fabulous page Erika, I love those sun images it does make me feel warm looking at at it. The bathing belle looks happy its a warm summer day.
Stay safe and I will be catching up one of these days soon.
Yvonne xx

craftytrog said...

A gorgeous page Erika!
Happy Summer.
Alison xx

Jeanie said...

This is DEFINITELY a summer piece and I love it! It just feels like summer to me.

Iris Flavia said...

Hmmm. Summer. Took a break! Again. Crazy weather over here.
Your work made me smile, thank you - a bit of summer on this cool, grey day!

Χαρά Θεοδωρίτση said...

ΚΑΛΟΚΑΙΡΙ ΟΜΟΡΦΟ ΚΑΙ ΦΩΤΕΙΝΟ ΜΕ ΥΓΕΙΑ ΕΥΧΜΑΙ ΑΠΟ ΚΑΡΔΙΑΣ Σ ΟΛΟΥΣ!
ΑΠΟ ΤΗΝ ΕΛΛΑΔΑ ΜΕ ΑΓΑΠΗ

MARIELA Inspirada said...

Great summer page, love the ocean background!
We are on winter and it feels good to think in hot summer sun. Besitos...

Carla Cremonesi said...

Muito legal, adorei! Beijos

Ρένα Χριστοδούλου said...

Your page is beautiful.
Kisses from Greece