Monday, June 29, 2026

T Stands for Another Play

    Hi everyone.  Happy new week to you. And hello  to everyone who  stops by Bleubeard's and Elizabeth's blog   blog for our weekend T Day meet ups.

   Last week was a nice balance of busy days and not so busy days. Of course a couple of rainy/cloudy days didn't hurt with that. 😉  My husband finally finished getting his boat ready for the season, so one day we went out and went fishing (and ha ha, guess who caught most of the fish; my poor hubby was kind of sad it wasn't him 😁). It was also time for a second play at the Ogunquit Playhouse in Ogunquit, Maine.


    You might remember from my T Day post a few weeks back that this year some friends and I bought a 3 show season pass to the theater. Last time we went to see a show about The Temptations (click on the link if you're curious about that play post). This time we went to see a classic that I had never seen either on the stage or  the film version. 

Again, no photos are allowed during the show so I borrowed a few from the playhouse's website.


    What a fabulous show. An usher told us during intermission that 3 of the actors, including Dolly, were Tony Award winners from Broadway and also that the costumes came from a Broadway production of this play. I'm not really up on Tony Award winners, but I can say that the whole cast was amazing. Here's some photos.







   You can see there was a lot of singing and dancing. Plus the sets were amazing. I'm always very interested in how they make sets. I know very little about how a stage is set up and how they are managed so maybe that's why I'm always curious about that.

    You might remember that last play post I mentioned how they have these  glasses that you buy with your first drink and then if you bring them back you only then have to buy your drink, not the glass also. Here's my ticket for T this week since I brought my glass back with me.  This time I had some prosecco, and I'm inside the theater in my seat. The lights made a lot of glare, and my phone couldn't quite decide if I was taking a photo of my glass or the curtain backdrop.  But anyhow, here's my drink.


And here's a clearer view of that intro background that we saw before the play began.


   We don't have tickets for the next play, although we have talked about getting them because we've had such a good time at these first 2 shows. Our final season ticket is not until early September when the play will be The Producers, which I have seen years ago in Boston. It's by Mel Brooks, and I remember laughing non-stop. I am looking forward to that show.

   I hope everyone has a great T day and week ahead. And for those of you in Canada who don't stop by frequently, have a great Canada Day, and for those of you in the US, have a wonderful July 4th holiday.







20 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

Glad that you enjoyed the show, which sounds really fun with lots of dancing and singing. What did you do with all the fish you caught? My brother goes fishing weekly with his friends...he also has built a small boat for that. I used to eat fish (mostly sea bream) daily..

DeniseinVA said...

What a fun time you had. It's been literally years since I saw a live performance. This one looks wonderful!

Rostrose said...


Oh Hello, Doll.......... I mean Erika, of course! 😉
I know the film adaptation of the play and liked it – I've never seen it in the theater. I'm glad you enjoyed it! I've never seen The Producers – but I hear the film adaptation wasn't very good...
I'm a little envious of your rainy/cloudy days, because we've had terrible, scorching heat here for days, which is making people, animals, and plants suffer 🥵. But supposedly it will get cooler starting tomorrow... (No wonder, now that we've bought a season pass for the swimming pond 😜)
Cheers and Happy T-Day!
All the best from Austria 🤗.
Traude
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2026/06/reisebericht-2025-von-ahornblattern-und.html

Iris Flavia said...

To fun times with friends and a yummy drink! And to something to look forward to! Have a great T-Day, hugs

Lucimar da Silva Moreira said...

Maravilha de espetáculo Erika, desejo uma ótima terça-feira bjs.

Halle said...

What fun! It looks fantastic. In the past year we've been to the Chanhassen Dinner Theater twice. It's funny because in the previous 22 years that we've lived down the road from it we had never been to a show.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Summer theatre is wonderful. May it never die! All the best - David

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

My dear friend Scott has been a rigger, a stage set creator, and a lighting manager. He said the most fun was designing various stage sets because it required both art and engineering. I can see why you would be fascinated by the sets, too.

Nice you brought your glass back and shared your prosecco with us for T this Tuesday. I have actually seen Hello Dolly when it played in Wichita back in the early 2000s. The costumes weren't as good in the play I saw, though.



Debra said...

That looks like so much fun!

Shari Burke said...

What fun! There was a community theater in a town we lived in (in southcentral Oregon) years ago. We bought a season family pass so we could bring friends with us. It was great. I'm glad you enjoyed this production.

Mae Travels said...

You really seem to be finding great entertainment this summer! Have a good month of July… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Lowcarb team member said...

That looks a great show ... lovely pictures.
Happy T Day and happy July ... it will soon be here :)

All the best Jan

CJ Kennedy said...

Teague and I drove back and forth there. We wished we knew about The Temptations show. Teague didn't want to see Dolly which was fine by me because I don't really like musicals. Happy T Day. Stay cool this week.

Tom said...

...some shows never fall out of favor and this is one of them.

Katie S. said...

A well performed play is better than any movie. Prove me wrong.

Jeanie said...

You're talking my language! I love set design too -- it just sets the stage (no pun intended) for what you will experience. I don't know two of the Tony winners but Ruthie Miles, Mrs. Malloy, won for Mme. Thiang in The King and I. Her backstory is really tragic and boy, is she a survivor. A renegade car killed her daughter and severely injured her a number of years ago. But she recovered and it would be great to have seen her. I hope you get tickets for the other two show -- it looks like they do fabulous productions. But I'm jealous you will get to see "The Producers!" I love it!

Mary Kirkland said...

That show sounds fun.

Kathylorraine said...

The play sounds so fun! Congrats on catching all those fish hugs Kathy

The Rev. Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

So when is the fish fry? LOL! I've seen Barbara Streisand's version of "Hello Dolly," but have never seen the musical on stage. The one you attended looks and sounds fabulous. Cheers!

brenda said...

Just scrolled down as thought it odd no post from you for a few days, good job I did and no sign of this on my reading list. Is Blogger ever going to sort this one wonders.

Anyhows, another information and very colourful post.

B x