Hi everyone. Happy Thursday. Today I have some art to share for a couple of challenges. First I have a tag for Tag Along (and ATC's too). This month Brenda is hosting, and her theme is Favorite Colors. But you can also always post a tag, ATC or bookmark for anything goes too.
I'm also linking this tag up to Creative Artiste Mixed Media challenge #128, where the theme is always Anything Goes.
I love the blue and greens of summer, so that's the main colors of my tag today.
I started with an old Impression Obsession cover a card seashell stamp, which I stamped in dark blue. You can just see the images peeking lightly through the background.
Then I used some vivid turquoise and lime green liquid ink to color over my background. It was a bit too bold, so I lightly sponged some white gesso over it. Now my background was ready for some images.
I took out a very old Kin Hughes/ Cornish Heritage Farm stamp set full of fish and other sea creatures. I stamp the wave directly onto the bottom of the tag. I used a dark blue paint pen to color it in, added a bit of white paint pen, and then finished that with some very dark blue Stickles glitter glue.
I then took some fish and stamped them on white paper. I colored them in with markers and fussy cut them. Once I added them to my tag I darken the stamp outline with a black pen, and I also gave them a little glitter glue sparkle too. Finally I added some clear water drop style embellishments. I also stamped the quote which came from the same stamp set and outlined it with the same blue paint pen I used for the water.
Since it's any arty kind of day I also have a page for Halle's Fabric, Lace and Trim challenge at Art Journal Journey. Today my page is made in my ledger journal and except for some cloth trim, is a paper page.
I started with some lavender colored ink and an old Hero Arts background stamp which I stamped several times around my page. I like how left a light random design and even the bare spots (thanks to what was on some of the pages before this one). I then took some scrap paper and tore what was left a bit. I knew I wanted to use this old B Line stamp, which I stamped on white and had decided, after I fussy cut it, to leave it uncolored. I wanted the black and white background paper to fill in around most of the image, and because it was black and white is why I left the stamp uncolored.
I then fussy cute both the flower and the banner out of a sheet of paper. I colored the banner to match some trim (since I thought I had purple ric-rac but didn't). I finished by adding the banner and the ric-rac. I also had the left over of a large word stamp on my work table, so I cut out the words and added them. They seemed to work perfectly with my images. Finally I added a few white beads to the banner to tie into the white flower.
That's all for me. I hope you're having a super week and maybe even finding a little creative time for whatever you enjoy making.
21 comments:
Oh, love especially the first one, I do miss the ocean, the water, whatever - so I´m kinda "glad" it´s too cold for a swim anyways... kinda.... Have a great Thursday, hugs
Both tag and page are so lovely. And like you, I adore the blue.
...green and blue are fabulous colors.
"You're FINtastic" -- hahahahaha! My post today is about fish too!
Those summer blues and greens on your tag are gorgeous, especially with that white gesso softening up the bold inks. I love how you built up those layers with the seashell stamp peeking through, and adding the glitter glue to the fish was such a fun touch. Finding out you don't have the exact color of ric-rac you need is the ultimate crafter struggle, but coloring the banner to match was a brilliant workaround. Your ledger journal page turned out so lovely with that lavender background, and leaving the main stamp black and white really made everything pop.
P.S. what type of flour to take to make self-raining one? We have so many types... #4? (Thank you for the recipe!!)
Lovely tag and page
I always think blue and green work so well together (despite my Gran always saying "blue and green should never be seen") and a colour palette I favour. So much interest on your tag and so pleased you shared with us at Tag-Along (and ATC's) July challenge, thank you.
B x
Lovely artwork, especially the one with the fishes. Bravo!
Greetings by Heidrun
Both of your pieces are fantastic. Love the blue/green of the tag. And your layered up page for AJJ is lovely. The rikrak is perfect!
Your fish are such happy art!!
Awwww fintastic, that's a cute word
Enjoyed your Thursday art
My. post today
HERE
Much love
You are so talented. Fintastic is Fantastic!!!! The second one is just beautiful. Have a nice day today.
Beautiful, witty and creative! "Fintastic". I love this!
I like both the tag and page.
Have a happy end of the week.
All the best Jan
Your tag makes me want to go back to Ogunquit. I hope the air isn't too bad from the fires in Canada.
I love those colors too and I really love the addition of the words on the second one.
Fintastic fishy tag:-) love the bright coloured fish against that rich deep blue and gorgeous page, it looks very tactile and textured even with just the little fabric trim, its amazing what you can do with paper. Thank you for joining us at Creative Artiste with your fishy tag x
Your fishy tag really is fintastic Erika. Love the colourful background and the pops of sparkle on your fish. Your journal page is very nice. Great use of your ric-rac and the background is so beautiful. I'm working on one for this theme at the minute :)
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Tag-along (and ATC's).
Pinky
I totally love your tag! I'm currently doing the gesso treatment to lighten my background, and I love the super textured look that has created in yours--so yummy. Thank you for joining us at Creative Artiste with this one.
Love your vintage page too. (And the fact that you seem to have so many interesting journals to keep you busy. Love that.) It's really wonderful that everything came together so well on this page--sometimes, the universe wants you to create some art, haha! -Anita xx
Blue and green the colours of nature and those that draw our eyes each and every day where would we be without them.. Love those cute little fishes with their little air bubbles, the quote is indeed *FinTastic*!! Many thanks for sharing @ Creative Artiste challenge, always a pleasure to see you there Hugs Tracey xx
Post a Comment