Hi everyone. It's Tuesday, and time for another new challenge at Try It on Tuesday.
Thank you everyone who joined our Animals-Real or Imaginary challenge that ran for the last 2 weeks. It was fun seeing what people picked for animals. For our new challenge, we're hitting the summer season that's going on in the Northern Hemisphere. Our newest challenge is
Summer Blooms
I have a journal page to share. It's in my ledger journal, and I started by putting down some rusty colored paint over the page. I was actually trying out the color for another page I was making so on the bottom the paint was thicker and as I worked my way to the top I watered it down some. But those of you who know me know I hate to waste a painted page, no matter what the condition of the paint. 😏
I then used a small scrap of textured paper to emphasize the flowers. I also used a vase shaped piece of scrap die cut that was laying on my table. It was actually the inner remains of a window that I had die cut.
I used a sheet of printed paper and fussy cut the 3 flowers. I chose them because they looked like sewn flowers. Then I added buttons with some thread woven through the holes to create the center of each flower.
I used a grey paint pen to outline the vase and create the stems and leaves. Then I decided to add the little punch out bird. Because I decided to add a bit of pink to the bird's breast, I then decided to make this page really about summer blooms. I used the same paint and an old foam flower stamp to bloom up the background.
I stamped the quote (TH). The page still needed something, so I used a few plastic number stickers I had to finish it off.
I'm also linking this page up to Halle's Fabric, Lace and Trims, Oh My challenge at Art Journal Journey.
I hope you're inspired by flowers and will join us at Try It on Tuesday in the next 2 weeks that this challenge runs. And don't forget to check out the other design team's creations too.
11 comments:
Love your blooms!!! Here sadly nothing blooming yet. Too cold.... so: Nice to see yours, hugs
...YES, collect beautiful moments!
I have always loved buttons. You've used them beautifully here!
Lovely page!-Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com
Erika lindas as flores, você tem mãos de fada, desejo uma feliz terça-feira bjs.
wow ... what a beautiful and elegant page! The colour and design are just perfect.
So beautiful Emma!
Glorious bold colours with so much interest and always love a bit of paper piecing.
B x
This is really beautiful. I love the buttons.
A wonderful page, Erika.
Love the colours and the little birdie looking up too.
I love your journal page! The flowers look like they could be appliques on a quilt.
Post a Comment