Monday, July 27, 2026

T Stands for A Walk and a Lobster Roll

    Hi everyone. Happy new week to you. And hello to everyone who stops by Bleubeard's and Elizabeth's blog for T day. 

   So what's new with me? Last week I was trying to rest my sprained shoulder/rotator cuff. It's in my dominant arm which is not making it very easy for me to do. But I am trying. 😟  I am also trying to get into physical therapy, but places seem to take forever to get an appointment.  One place booked me in for me in for August 24, and now I’m waiting to hear if a different place can get me in sooner.

   Since we had some perfect summer weather (not too hot, not too cold), I would have loved to do some gardening, but that would have required both arms. Instead one day I went for a long and lovely walk. It was the perfect way to get exercise without using my shoulder. (Especially since I left the dogs at home so there was no pulling on my shoulder from any leashes.)


    Here's the rail trail I walked along. It goes by several lakes so the views are pretty.


   There were also lots of wildflowers in bloom which were also quite pretty.



   At one cabin along the way I came across this beautiful garden in their yard. It was a certified wildlife habitat garden,  at least that's what the sign you can see stuck into it said.




    And I had more pretty lake views too.


   Besides a nice walk and a few other random things, my husband's paternal side of the  family also had a family reunion this past Saturday. Lots of people came from all over. The furthest was his cousin and her husband who came from California. The party was at my Mother-in-law's home, and I know she probably wished she could have been there with everyone. We did raise a toast in her memory, but of course, there are no toast photos. Those would have been perfect for T day. More about that some other time since that event can be a post on its own.

   Therefore, to wrap up today's post I need to share a drink. 


   I finally made it back to Pop's to have my first lobster roll of this summer.  We usually try to get there once a month, but with the cost of life this year, I haven't been back since they opened in May. It was a really lovely night, and we could sit outside and eat.  You can also see the Diet Coke I brought from home and that  I had already been drinking before I got to Pop's.

    I had one small complaint though. I asked to change from the French fries that usually come with the lobster roll to onion rings. The woman at the window told me there would be a slight up charge. OK. That was new. But then, compared to the amount you used to get, there really weren't all that many. Not that I needed more, and these were quite good, but it's the point. Unless they had a shortage of onions, their serving size was smaller. Up charge and smaller, isn't that what life has become? 😩

   That's all for me. Wishing everyone a happy T day and week ahead. 




6 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

What a lovely place to take a walk! Can I join you for some lobsters? It has been a few decades since I last had some :-//

Iris Flavia said...

I´m so with you, dear Erika. I still am slow with that darn back.
Onions... aren´t they cheaper than potatoes? At least here that´s the case.... Sad. Looking forward to your family reunion and wish you a happy T-Day, hugs

Lisca said...

What a lovely walk! Beautiful garden. It was obviously open to the public.
Lobster roll! Your favorite! Yes, life has become so much more expoensive. Luckily I live in a cheap part of the country (as you probably saw on my menu). It might be cheap but we don't have lobster rolls (lol).
Happy T-Day,
Lisca

Jackie McGuinness said...

I will probably have a lobster roll today. It is crazy that it is cheaper to get one in Toronto than when we are in the Maritimes!!! Yes, everything is shrinking in size and increasing in price, I think it is sheer greed. We all know what things cost. It is hard to find servers nowadays.

CJ Kennedy said...

You had a beautiful and peaceful walk. Pop's lobster roll looks so good. Too bad about the shrinkflation of the onion rings. As you said, that's what life has become. Happy T Day. Stay dry!

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

Oh my gosh, that lobster rolls looks to die for! It seems the way of life in the past few years it "less for more". But I think it has been that way for a long time, we are just noticing more.
When we were in ND a few weeks ago I could not help but notice how many supers were on the beehives up there. I swear there were so many supers, it was 6-8; tall!