Sunday, March 6, 2016

The Weekend Winds Down

Sunday evening has arrived, and I need to go do the rest of those little "chores" before the weekend ends. But first, I have a few art journal pages to show you.
This first one is for Art Journal Journey. This month's theme is "Into the Woods" hosted by Chris at Pear Shaped Crafting.
 I painted the tree on a Gelli print, and then added the bird feeder, birds, and the hand sketched squirrel. I think my page might be better for a challenge named "Out of the Woods" because that's where these squirrels come from.
This stamped quote is from a set of images by Dina Wakely.
My second page is to link up to Try It on Tuesday. One more week for the theme of Feminine and Frilly.
Can you tell I had a little fun time playing this afternoon? 
So I hope everyone had a good weekend.  Since my birthday was Friday I was celebrating all weekend. My husband took my out to lunch yesterday and we ran some errands. This weekend I made myself a cake and tonight I finally had the whole family home for dinner.  So I guess now that we sang happy birthday the anniversary of my birth is really over.
I made a chocolate cake, chocolate Swiss meringue buttercream frosting and some hazelnut paste filling for the inside. And I put a little edible glitter on the top so it would look like a celebration cake.
And that Swiss meringue buttercream- I could eat the whole bowl- well maybe not really. That would probably give me a BIG tummy ache.
Thanks for stopping by.


12 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You really DID have fun today. You accomplished a LOT more than I did, that's for sure. That's a GREAT AJJ page, and so clever, too. But the gal needing shoes was a really clever idea for TioT. Really a clever idea I would NOT have thought of.

Wow, that cake looks good enough to eat. Very impressive and yummy looking. But who doesn't love chocolate cake and chocolate Swiss meringue frosting. I'd gladly split a bowl of it with you! So glad the birthday weekend went so well, too. Happy end of the birthday anniversary weekend.

Valerie-Jael said...

Love the journAL page for AJJ, thanks for joining us at there. Glad you had fun, went out, enjoyed being with the family and that you made yourself such a wonderful cake, I found it hard to take my eyes off of it....Hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

Just WOW!
I love this page which looks absolutely gorgeous. I like that you've painted all this little cuties on the fantastic GP background! Amazing ...
And also absolutely fantastic to me looks this brilliant looking cake... it waters my mouth and I am thrilled about the edible glitter .. never heard that something of this kind exists!
Love your shoe page - really a feminine feature - at least I am such a shoe and handbag junkie girl - but I had to economize because of the house purchase and the renovation nearly the last 10 years - and fortunately I survived with just a few pairs of shoes .
Very cold Monday here again --- when will we finally get spring?!!!!
Have a great week Erika! Thank you so much for joining AJJ!!! And great that you made another piece for TioT's as well!

Susi

Anonymous said...

Girls just gotta have shoes, that's for sure. Your cake is gorgeous and I bet you enjoy every bite. Any left of did you all devour it??? xox

genie said...

Yes...a girls gotta have her shoes. What a cute piece. A little bit of every kind. I also like your Into the Woods post. You were so clever with you "out of the woods" saying. Yep...the pesky squirrels so harass me from the woods behind our house. The feeder is so sweet.

~*~Patty S said...

Your cake looks and sounds gorgeous and yummy!
Here we celebrate birthday MONTHS...our excuse is it takes longer as we get older :-)
Super woods creation with that great squirrel and lovely background too.
oxo

Linda Kunsman said...

both wonderful journal pages for the themes Erika! And a happy belated birthday to you!! Funny, if I want a cake I have to make my own too-but then we make what we want to have right?

Pawsitively Creative said...

Happy Birthday! Your cake looks fantabulous and the buttercream sounds yummy! What wonderful journal pages you have shared! Your squirrel is having a blast and that bird feeder is awesome sauce! Your shoe design is totes adorbs and so many women are shoe fanatics. True, true! TFS these! Hugz. ~Niki

Meggymay said...

Two fabulous pages. Thank you for sharing one with us at Try it on Tuesdays. I love your take on the theme and how we women need shoes.
Yvonne

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a great post! I love your AJJ page, especially the addition of the bird feeder - my favourite occupation is watching birds at feeders! Your shoes page made me smile - what a clever idea! Now we come to the chocolate cake -it does look so delicious, my blood sugar levels are rising just imagining how yummy it might be! Thank you for joining both AJJ and TIOT with your fabulous art! Hugs, Chrisx

Anonymous said...

fun pages and wow look at that cake..

Claudia W | ImagesByCW said...

What a cake - wow - chocoholic!! :) I like the pattern on the tree trunk - very nice.