Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Spook


Hi everyone. It's Wednesday here, but I wish it was Friday. This week is Spirit Week at school and every day has a different theme. The kids dress up in assorted pieces of clothing. For some reason to-tos are popular are as capes.  They also paint their faces with lots of dots and streaks like war paint. Today the theme is Throwback Day. I think I will pass getting dressed up today, although the hubby has suggested I wear  jeans and a sweatshirt from my university. Then I can say I am doing a throwback to my college years. I will say that the kids are very involved this year, more than most years, but they are also very spirited. By Friday they will be plain old nuts. Especially since we have a pep rally Friday afternoon.
I have a Halloween journal page for you today.
I first stenciled some clear molding paste onto the book pages. Once dried, I added some paint washes. Then I made a little pocket from the bingo card, as well as adding some stickers and die cuts.
I am linking up to the Halloween challenge at Try It On Tuesday.
And in the pocket is this Halloween tag which I am going to link up to the latest challenge at Tag Tuesday.
She looks like I feel at the end of a day at school during this spirit week. (Ha-ha).
And I see Moo Mania is also doing Halloween right now, so I will join them also.
I am also going to link my journal page up to Elke's theme over at Art Journal Journey, Landscapes of the Soul.
Wow! That's 4 link ups for this spread. I think that's a record for me. :)
It's not as cold this morning as yesterday was, but it's still chilly. Mother Nature is letting us know it will eventually get cold. Oh my. But I must say it is nice sleeping at night when I can pull the blankets up to my neck. :)
Enjoy your day.


20 comments:

CJ Kennedy said...

Spirit week sounds like fun though I can imagine by the end of the week, the kids will be hopping off the walls. Hopefully, the pep rally will dissipate the energy. You really pulled out all the stops to meet all the challenges. Way to go! I love the tag in the Bingo card pocket. I'm feeling a bit run down like the girlie on the tag this morning. Favorite blankets are nice, but I'd rather be having my morning tea in the sunroom. Hav a good day!

Valerie-Jael said...

Oh my, sounds like you will need good nerves this week at school! Hope it will be fun. LOVE the wonderful journal page and the *****fan*tas*tic***** tag, thanks so much to linking it to TT. And thanks for joining us at TIOT, too. Hugs, Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Isn't it great when you can link to so many challenges at the same time? And these pages are wonderful, too. I really wish I used modeling paste more (homemade, of course) and found some stencils that were appropriate. I DO love your darling Bingo card turned pocket, as well as the tag. Such a fun spread with lots to look at and admire.

Anonymous said...

this is a fantastic beautiful journal on the topic of soul landscapes at AJJ, I am so much so that you have linked it thank you!
Beautiful exciting time with the kids in the hallowe time!
Greetings Elke

froebelsternchen said...

This Altered Book pages are awesome - especially the background you created is gorgeous! And wow... so many Challenges at once! Congrats!!! Thank you for being with us at Try It On Tuesday, Moo Mania & More and Art Journal Journey! You really ROCK Mrs.Nelson! That sounds nice what you have going on at school ! My daughter would LOVE it ...

Happy Wednesday -- the next weekend is on it's way! Yeah!


oxo Susi

Jeanie said...

You have oodles of cool art! Love your bloody girl and bingo card and-- oh, well! I love it all!

kathyinozarks said...

love your art pages

Words and Pictures said...

Wow - what a great page spread, full of earthy colours and textures, and the Stampotique tag looks so cool layered over the top.
Alison x

Joan said...

Fabulous pages and I love the tag in the pocket

Thanks for joining us at Try It On Tuesday challenge

Joan

Meggymay said...

It is an awesome altered book spread. Both pages are fantastic and the tag hidden in the pocket is such a good idea. Thank you for adding another fabulous piece to the Halloween theme at TioT's.
Enjoy the rest of the week at school, it sounds fun for the kids.
Yvonne xx
p.s. Congratulations you were one of our Top 5 for the last challenge at TioT's.

chrissie said...

This is terrific Erika

Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday

Love Chrissie xx

baili said...

Wonderful yet spooky pages dear Friend!


i can imagine the excitement of kids to participate the event through your sharing.

hope you are also enjoying the enthusiasm of environment

Joan said...

Oh, I love your spooky Halloween tag!! It's fabulous!!!!!

Divers and Sundry said...

Great seasonal pieces! The highs are down into the 70sF so I guess we'll get cold weather eventually. I'll enjoy the warmth while it lasts ;)

Let's Art Journal said...

Hope your week went well and you had fun with the kids dressing up ...lol 😉. Your spooky page is amazing! I love the pocket you made with the bingo card and your fabulous tag 😁. The clear modelling paste and stencil worked beautifully - I love it! Wishing you a happy Friday and Weekend! J 😊

Anonymous said...

I bet she does...hard to keep em reigned in I am sure. xox

Sandra Wright. said...

Lots of spookiness going on here..fabulous Tag....
Thank you for joining in the fun at Tag Tuesday...

Little Artbee said...

Wonderful spooky pages, great design. The Tag looks gorgeous with that creepy girl.
Dear Greetings
Sabine

Marjut said...

Wow, Great Halloween pages. Thank you for joining us at TioT.

Mrs.B said...

WOW - you're really on a roll with your Halloween projects Erika, love these pages.
Thanks for sharing with us at TioT
Avril x