Friday, October 20, 2017

Spooky

 Hi everyone. The weekend has begun!  And if you stop by frequently you might remember it was a crazy week at my school; we call it spirit week, and it is now officially over. It is fun to see the kids dress up but I find it hard work to put together my own spirited outfits everyday. I am ready to go back to "normal" clothes. Ha-ha! Today was the pep rally which is something I don't like  as there is way too much screaming and noise.  But the kids love it,  and I can handle it since it's the only one we have all year. 
Go PHS!
Next week is back to real school days but first a couple of recharge days! Big smile on my face! I'm meeting up with my daughter to go visit my Mom tomorrow. Looking forward to that day out with her and also the company she will be on the drive.
And tonight I have another Halloween page for you. I've been having a lot of fun playing with my spooky supplies.

This page began with a cool sugar skull napkin that became the background. Then I added the painted flower skin which I made by painting on Yupo paper and then adding gloss soft gel. Once dry, the painting peels off and you can attach it to other pieces of art.  I also added some black heart die cuts (that I outlined) and finally a couple of paper ephemera pieces that I had.
I am linking my page up to a triplet of sites. First link is to Elke's challenge at Art Journal Journey where the theme is Landscapes of the Soul. And second of all I am linking up to Try It On Tuesday where the theme for a few more days is Halloween. And finally I am linking up to Moo Mania where the theme is also Halloween.

Happy start to your weekend.


12 comments:

Blogoratti said...

Hope you recharge and rest well before the busy school week starts all over. Warm greetings to you.

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous piece Erika, love that sugar skull napkin you used! Thanks so much for joining us at TIOT. Glad you survived spirit week at school, things should be quieter now. But I'm sure the kids loved it! Enjoy your weekend with your daughter and Mom, hugs, Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

TOTALLY awesome. I adore the sugar skull napkin background. For some reason, I couldn't figure how my Halloween piece would fit with Landscapes of the soul, so I didn't link to AJJ. I'm glad you did, though.

Nice to see you survived Spirit Week and are still sane. I hope you have a great visit with your mother and daughter tomorrow. It will be a nice reunion, I'm sure. Hope your weekend is fabulous and your batteries are recharged.

Anonymous said...

Erika, that is lovely, great journal page thanks for linking the subject at AJJ. I am happy that you have taken the time!
Halloween, I'm glad when the time is over. Rest well on weekends
Nice visit with your mother with your daughter and a nice weekend
greetings Elke

froebelsternchen said...

Oh Erika - you made me more than happy - firstly I say
THANK THANK THANK you for joining Try It On Tuesday, Moo Mania & More and even Art Journal Journey with this super super super spooky make. Love that you made skin-flowers! Amazing! You never cease to amaze me with your ideas and pages! You are such an inspiration always!
I can imagine that this crazy week at school wasn't yours! Horrible! You are a heroine!
I hope you have an enjoyable time with your mum! Hope you will take pictures !
She is such a lovely lady and I bet the three generations of women will have much fun together!
You ask about my Julia's Saturday work...
I am glad to say that meanwhile she likes it obviously quite a lot. She even told me that recently. Good for her - as if she wants to pay her driving license and after that she has to at least -as we will pay for a car- finance the car drivers life, she will be left with no other option than liking and doing this nice and relatively good paid work -lol!She can call herself happy that she had found and got the job!
Happy weekend and Saturday with your mum and daughter!!!!♥♥♥
oxo Susi

kathyinozarks said...

everyone is sooo creative-loving yours too
Happy weekend

CJ Kennedy said...

Fun page. I love all the sugar skulls. Looks like beautiful weather this weekend. Enjoy the time with your daughter and mom.

Meggymay said...

Wow Erika that is a fabulous Halloween Background, the skulls look amazing.
Its a fabulous page and I really like the flowers and hearts you added. Thank you sharing this with us over at TioT's , we really appreciate your support for our challenges.
Yvonne xx

Divers and Sundry said...

I love this, the colors and the elements you put together for Halloween. I love this time of year! :)

Silver in AZ said...

Hi! New to your blog! I love Day of the Dead stuff!

Jeanie said...

Love all the masks/faces in your spooky image. Beautiful colors! I hope you are decorating your home with your terrific art!

pearshapedcrafting said...

I got distracted by looking up what a pep rally is and forgot to leave you a comment about this brilliant page! I love the skin flower and the napkin background looks wonderful! Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday! Chrisx