Monday, May 25, 2009

An Absolutely Fabulous Day






The weather could be no better- clear blue skies, about 70-72 degrees, a breeze, wow. Got lots of planting done today and yesteday morning (though we had some showers around noon yesterday), and my yard looks gorgeous. The photos are from my gardens and the spring blooms! I love my backyard a lot, its a perfect place for me. Also reading my latest book club book- The Painted Drum, by Louise Erdrich, and I am loving that so far too. Will get back to my Elizabeth George mystery again- but this used copy arrived in the mail Saturday and book club is sometime in June, so I'm ready to get it read. I can easily hop books anyhow, always have been able to do that. Today was gardening day, and am laying out some clay tiles for mosaics, now I have no kitchen counter, and last night we went to dinner at my mother in laws, which was very nice...but otherwise, its been a great yard work weekend. So tomorrow its back to school for the final countdown- too many days really, I'm not done till June 24th but the kids leave the 19th and we have added work days to make up for the cie storm last December. Really just need to get thriugh the next 2 weeks and then its senior week and afetr that the last kids week...really isn't so bad. This is such an exciting time of year, with the weather becoming so nice and the flowers blooming and the school year winding down, summer plans brewing...

No comments: