Monday, May 4, 2009

Buggy Picnic


Over break last week I made 8 little pieces of art based on the theme of insects and tea-call it my Buggy Picnic. Here's one I did-actually like this set a lot. Its springy but still incorporates nature and tea-2 of my favorite topics. Will show you more as the week goes on.
So my second item of business tonight is studio cleaning- something I've been picking at for a while now-and its time to get serious. Get rid of some clutter-that is my goal. I've gone through many of my stamps and all the ones I mounted I am remounting for acrylic block since those take up so much less room. Plus, I pulled out some to sell this summer on eBay-just to plain get the numbers down. I also started to go through my fabric stash- got a bunch to of scraps to sell on eBay this summer and also am thinking about putting some of it in a box and storing it- want to use some of those drawers to store other items-like my newly growing punch collection and they'd be a good place to put my paints, etc. Open up some shelf space for other items, really. I just want to get rid of some of the clutter-as I said-but here's my biggest issue-I am a pack rat. Even going through fabrics-I find it hard to let go. I know I'd feel so much better letting it go, and I desperately want space- half empty drawers instead of those bulging out. I need a place for odd pieces of paper, inks, paint, trims. I just have too much stuff-really I do. So I pick and pull out a few items-what I need to do is pull out lots. But of course, I tell myself, you don't really have to get rid of anything-you use it...but I will feel better when its not so much stuff.
Really.
I need support! Can anyone help me with any suggestions to become a recovering pack rat?

No comments: